I'm writing an Android app. My client loves 1Password, but does not want autofill on this app

rlissner
rlissner
Community Member

Here's my xml. You'll see that I followed stackoverflow suggestions for preventing auto-fill, but it is anyway.
EditText
android:id="@+id/email_block"
android:layout_width="0dp"
app:layout_constraintLeft_toRightOf="@+id/vertical_guideline_10"
app:layout_constraintRight_toLeftOf="@+id/vertical_guideline_90"
app:layout_constraintTop_toBottomOf="@+id/email_header"
android:layout_height="39dp"
android:textSize="18sp"
android:textColor="@color/white_text"
android:textColorHint="@color/white_text"
android:background="@color/blue_background"
android:imeOptions="actionNext"
android:inputType="textEmailAddress"
android:maxLines="1"
android:importantForAutofill="no"
/>

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:prevent autofill android app

Comments

• Hi @rlissner, are you able to tell me why your client doesn't want users to be able to fill their login details? It would be useful for us to understand the why behind this request.

• rlissner
    rlissner
    Community Member

In the app there are other EditTexts for email addresses of people they want to be able to notify. These are other people's emails.

• You have the right idea! Using the android:importantForAutofill="no" flag will enable the Autofill service to skip over that field when returning available fields to 1Password for filling.

Do you have 1Password’s accessibility service enabled? You can find out by going into 1Password's Settings > Autofill. The accessibility service cannot read that flag so it may recognize it as a login field even when it is set to false. If Autofill returns no results, 1Password will fall back to using the accessibility service to provide filling in the app or website.

This discussion has been closed.