I can no longer get to my passwords through my iPhone app. I do not have a secret key. Now what!

Options

I have the 1Password app on my iPhone [at least 2 years]. Yesterday i opened the app to get to a password and was asked for account information. This never happened before. I do not have a secret key or emergency kit. I now do not have access to my passwords. What now. It is disturbing to know you have locked me out of my own information. I can not tell you the versions or sync type.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can no longer get to my passwords through my iPhone app. I do not have a secret key. Now what!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alfried! Welcome to the forum!

Where is your data currently stored (i.e. iCloud, Dropbox)?

If you are asked for account information, you can disregard the window: only users with a 1Password Membership have the information to login there. If you don't have an account, you just need to choose iCloud or Dropbox, depending on where your data is stored.

• alfried
    alfried
    Community Member
    Options

Once I am in 1Password where do I choose iCloud?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@alfried:

You will see it when you launch the app and configure it for the first time. But let's make sure that we are on the same page first: what do you see exactly when you open the 1Password app at the moment?

Please feel free to attach a screenshot to your reply if you prefer.

• alfried
    alfried
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out with your help. Thank you

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Ana you are most welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.