import data from firefox

Options

Why are there no instructions on importing data from an sbcglobal email account that is accessed through Firefox? Your site says 1password is compatible with Firefox but no assistance on how to set that compatibility up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import data from firefox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi @bjohnb,

I am sorry for the confusion!

Am I right to understand that you have the password for your Sbcglobal email account saved in Firefox on your computer and you want to transfer/save this password to 1Password? Is it the only password you want to transfer?

Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

ref: HNS-11699-791

• woodsb02
    woodsb02
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Method 3 or Method 4 to export passwords from Firefox at the link below should work.
    [link to 3rd party website removed by 1Password staff]

Then follow the CSV import instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/import-chrome/
    https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

Thanks! Unfortunately as mentioned Firefox does not have an official export feature:

Firefox doesn’t offer a built-in option to export your passwords. The only way you can quickly do it is to use a third-party tool.

And we can't vouch for 3rd party tools as far as what they do with the data, so it's not something we can have being recommended here on the 1Password support forum. Folks can easily find various options out there on the internet, but I'd encourage using something that has the source code available to confirm that it is safe before doing so. Mozilla's forums for Firefox may be a better place to start though, as other Firefox users may have some good recommendations. Cheers! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The converter suite has had both chrome and firefox native converters for a while now. Since they are scripts, they are fully readable, and will create an importable 1PIF for you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

@MrC ’s converter is something we can recommend, as it's been vetted and helped many users (thousands, probably) convert existing data to 1Password's native 1PIF format for easy import.

This discussion has been closed.