Please add any other platform-unspecific method besides Dropbox

bueny
bueny
Community Member

Hello,
I know that the local mode is a unwanted solution of your end and that the Cloud solution is the recommended solution for this.
I don't want to pay you by month. I just want that my data stays in sync on my platforms
1x Work PC: Windows;
1x Home PC: Windows;
1x Wife's Laptop: Windows;
1x Phone: iOS;
1x Wife's Phone: iOS

According to your documentation:
iCloud --> no Windows and Android support
WLAN server --> no Windows support
Local folder --> no iOS support (also you have to keep the data in sync by yourself)
Dropbox --> all platforms supported!

For iOS there's only Dropbox to sync with Desktop and mobile.

1Password was the only reason I've used Dropbox in the past.
Dropbox now limits free users to 3 devices which is a pain for me.

Please add support for a service which doesn't have this limitation & works on all platforms.

This could be NextCloud or this could be Google Drive. iCloud Drive would also an acceptable solution!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

Hi @bueny!

Please add support for a service which doesn't have this limitation & works on all platforms.
    This could be NextCloud or this could be Google Drive. iCloud Drive would also an acceptable solution!

We have no plans to add additional sync services. We put all our effort into building our own sync service exactly so we don't have to run into limitations with other existing sync services. 1Password.com already works on every platform and syncs your data on every device you own without having to configure anything (you just login with your 1Password account to the 1Password app and your data will be there waiting for you).

Because we are already offering a solution that works on all your devices, we believe it's the best solution for most people, so we have no plans to add additional sync methods. I am sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but I believe it's better to offer you an honest reply to avoid giving you false hope.

This discussion has been closed.