Icloud sync not working between Mac Catalina & IOS 13.2.3

Options
jojo8026
jojo8026
Community Member

I cannot get 1Password to Sync between my Macbook Air & my iphone XS. I have Icloud Drive enabled on both devices & have them both set to sync using Icloud. I went through the 1Password Icloud advanced sync guide without success, (I did notice that the article had not been updated since July 2019 which is really concerning since I am entrusting my personal passwords to this company I expect it to be updated with every version of Ios & Mac OS) How do I get my passwords synced between Mac OS & My Iphone XS?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud Sync.
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: iPhone app not syncing to new upgraded 1Password 7.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jojo8026: I'm sorry for the confusion. Nothing has changed with iCloud in years, so the only changes we've made to the support article are to add new screenshots and make tweaks to the wording to make things clearer due to customer feedback.

We have no plans to add "sync" button, especially for iCloud, as it would literally do nothing. We have no control over iCloud at all, and certainly not if or when it syncs. It's entirely Apple's software and service, and we're just reading/writing to their APIs. The only things that can help with the problem you're having are following every step in this guide to ensure that everything is configured correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

And if iCloud is still not working, get in touch with Apple for assistance. We do not have any special insight into iCloud ourselves, and wouldn't want to make things worse for you by giving you incorrect advice.

Alternatively, a 1Password membership includes built-in sync that we do control and can fix if something goes wrong with it, and also includes all 1Password apps and updates, and automatic offsite backup for your encrypted 1Password data, so that even if all your devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed you just need to sign into your account to get it back. If you'd like to switch to that, please shoot me an email at support+forum@1password.com so I can help. :)

• awildrandoappears
    awildrandoappears
    Community Member
    Options

hi,

i've been experiencing problems syncing between my vault between my iphone (latest os) and mac (latest os) using icloud. i created a number of test secure notes and nothing would sync to/from my phone. the "if you’re having trouble syncing with icloud" document didn't help any.

i've tinkered around by disabling and re-enabling on icloud sync on both my mac and iphone and was able to get my vault properly synced. assuming this stays fixed, maybe this should be step 2a in the troubleshooting document.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @awildrandoappears! I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad you were able to solve it, and thank you for letting us know how you did it. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.