I have two vaults. Of them has a category not available in the other. Why is that?

Options
Gonzopolis
Gonzopolis
Community Member

I have two vaults, and I'm trying tediously to merge them one item at a time manually to make them identical (so I can safely delete one while being sure I'm not losing anything). They're mismatched because I recently discovered that the default vault on my Mac has long been one of them, and the default vault on my iDevices has long been the other one - thus, when adding items on the Mac they've gone into one vault, and when adding them on the iDevices they've gone into the other. One (1Password subscription) vault has a Documents category and the other (Dropbox sync) does not have that category available even to add from the Categories dropdown. Is there a way to add the Documents category to the other vault so I can copy my documents to it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: One vault 1Password subscription, 1 vault Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gonzopolis!

Only the 1Password subscription option has the Documents category (standalone vaults used to have attachments rather than a separate category), so that is the sync method that you should be using. If you are trying to copy Documents from 1Password.com to Dropbox, that should not be necessary: sync is automatic through 1Password.com, so you should only move items from Dropbox to 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.