1 Password X beta for Firefox [Now available! πŸŽ‰]

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @cpickslay, currently 1Password X is only available for Chrome and Firefox.

• chrism229
    chrism229
    Community Member

Great! I just noticed you have a beta out for 1Password X and Firefox with desktop integration. Now I can disable my old extension (Desktop App Required) and the release version of 1Password X, and enjoy TouchID with 1Password X. Seems to work fine so far with a few locks and unlocks via TouchID.,

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cpickslay! 1Password X is available in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and any other Chromium-based browser. It's not currently available for Safari.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – You can download the 1Password X beta for Firefox right here. :chuffed:

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – Keep in mind that you'll need the 1Password for Mac beta as well if you don't have it installed already. Did you get things working once you disabled the stable version of 1Password X and enabled the beta?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – I'm glad to hear you've got 1Password X connecting with 1Password for Mac. I was under the impression that the issue with the 1Password X logo turning purple was already resolved. Would you mind sending me a screenshot next time it happens?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – What happens when you click the question mark in the upper right corner of your screenshot near Why am I seeing this purple window? I haven't seen that myself, granted I generally use 1Password X, and the purple window is around the 1Password for Mac app. Let me know!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Samplex! I'll work on getting this on our Mac team's radar. First, do you recall what you were doing in 1Password prior to the purple window appearing? It seems like something's wrong, layout-wise, but I'm not sure exactly what at this point. I'm hoping that by you giving me the steps to reproduce the issue, I'll be able to reproduce it on my end as well.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – So you switch to a different application, then when you open 1Password again (about an hour later), there's a purple box around it without clicking on anything? I want to make sure I'm understanding the issue correctly.

In addition to that, can you let me know the version number of 1Password for Mac you have installed. With 1Password 7 open, click 1Password 7 in the upper left corner, then click About 1Password. You should see the version number there.

• Hey @Samplex -- can you try to pay careful attention and see if you can pinpoint when/how this is happening? As Kaitlyn mentioned:

@Samplex – So you switch to a different application, then when you open 1Password again (about an hour later), there's a purple box around it without clicking on anything? I want to make sure I'm understanding the issue correctly.

Even if it doesn't happen on demand, if you can give the steps you've taken with 1Password after a reboot prior to your seeing this, it might help narrow things down.

• cecelia
    edited January 2020

Thank you for clarifying, @Samplex β€” I did some digging around and it turns out this was an issue that came up, was fixed, then came back up again. It's on our developers' radar and they're working on a fix that should be going through some internal testing soon. I'm really sorry for the obstruction this may be to your workflow in the meantime. Is 1Password still usable after the purple border appears?

ref: dev/apple/issues#4408

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex: the new version will be out as soon as possible. We currently don't have an exact date, so thank you for your patience while we publish this!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex:

We hope to publish the next version as soon as possible, our developers are doing their best. Please keep an eye out on the release notes for the updates.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – I just want to make sure I'm clear that you're referring to an update to 1Password for Mac, is that correct? This is in the 1Password X forum category, so I just wanted to make sure you're still referring to the purple box in 1Password for Mac and you weren't experiencing something different in 1Password X (the browser extension).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex:

also i get that the 1password x icon in the username / password boxes isnt there anymore. I have to restart the browser and 1password apo to get it back.

I don't think the 1Password app is connected to this. 1Password X does not communicate with 1Password for Mac, so restarting the desktop app should not be necessary. Did you maybe enable Desktop App Integration in 1Password X?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Samplex – We'd be happy to help get Desktop App Integration working for you. Would you mind reaching out to us at support+x@1password.com? We'll be better suited to chat via email since it'll be helpful to check out a diagnostics report from your device and email is the best place for that.

This discussion has been closed.