To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can’t Login to Account Because 1Password won’t fill secret key

Coach
Coach
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Memberships

Just tried to login to my account at 1password.com and ironically the 1password app won’t fill in the secret key that is saved in the app. What’s up with that?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Coach!

It depends on how you have saved your Secret Key inside your 1Password item. If you enter your details manually and save the login item manually, all fields should be filled correctly ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Coach:

It is important also where you decided to save your Secret Key in your Login item. Not every field is used for filling (for example, if your Secret Key is stored in a Notes field, it won't be filled). Please follow the instructions in my previous post to make sure that all 1Password login fields are filled correctly when you login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

It’s filled in correctly and the secret key is in a field called “secret key” with a key logo above it.

Thank you for the update @Coach, I am glad that the Secret Key is now filled in correctly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Coach:

I cannot reproduce it here: all fields are filled correctly for me. Have you tried the instructions I mentioned already?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Coach:

It works for me here, so it definitely should work for you too ;) We just have to figure out what is different in your environment that is causing this.

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.