Aetna member website not populating username

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Aetna member website not populating username.

Comments

• rvosatka
    rvosatka
    Community Member
    Options

I have same problem: 1password X 1.17.0, Linux 19.4(?) LTS, Chrome (recently updated).
    Problem:
    Open- https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc
    Unlock, click autofill
    Does not populate fields

Answers:
    Q1. What is the state of the username and password fields as well as the remember me checkbox?
    Answers:
    Currently, "remember..." is clicked and my username is already input.
    (nb: previously, I had "Remember..." unchecked and username was empty)

Click the 1Password Browser Extension button in the Chrome toolbar and select your aetna Login item which I assume will be listed directly below the search field in 1Password mini.

Q2. What fields change? I'm also interested in the remember me checkbox.

Please toggle the remember me checkbox so that if it is currently disabled that you enable it and vice versa.
    Fill using the same Login item.

Answer:
    Curiously, it now fills in the username and password. I will need to explore further to identify conditions under which this occurs. Obviously, something else is contributing to this error.

Q3. Does 1Password revert the change to the remember me checkbox?

Answer:
    If I understand the question correctly, clicking autofill does not change the state of the remember user name box which clicked (and vice versa).

I will continue to explore to localize conditions that reproduce the problem.

• rvosatka
    rvosatka
    Community Member
    Options

Follow-up:

Shutdown, rebooted (Linux 19.4 LTS) , opened Chrome (Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit), no other apps running), browsed to https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc, (no username filled, check box unchecked), 1Password X--> does not fill fields. Checked "Remember..." box, still does not autofill.

Suggestions for further investigation?

• Thanks for the detailed investigation so far, @rvosatka.

I've found the https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc to behave in odd ways. When I first tested it I wasn't able to get the 1Password inline menu to appear on the page. Even manually clicking the icon would not activate it. While in this state I couldn't fill my test login from the toolbar, either.

Then after some random clicking I got things to fill just fine and the inline menu was working fine. I think I narrowed things down to this:

Once I'm in this "good" state, I'm able to fill from the inline menu and from the popup. In both cases the username and password fields fill properly. The only filling challenge I found is I couldn't get the checkbox to be enabled.

I wonder if these set of steps work for you? I'm quite surprised reloading the page fixed the situation for me as it should't matter but it's reproducible for me on my machine every time so I thought I'd ask to see if the same is happening on yours.

I'm using Brave Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).

++dave;

• rvosatka
    rvosatka
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave,
    This appears to work for me as well.
    I wonder if 1Password could be taught to recognize this? I also wonder if there are other websites that might suffer the same symptoms as a general fix might improve 1Password for others as well.
    -Bob
    PS I prefer Brave as well.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm loving all the details here, @rvosatka! I was able to reproduce the issue on my Mac as well, granted it's slightly inconsistent. Either way, I've reported it to our developers now.

In my tests, I noticed that visiting the extremely long URL instead of https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc gave me a better overall experience with 1Password X. I can't pin down the reasoning quite yet, but we'll continue to investigate and see what we can do to get 1Password X behaving normally when first loading the Aetna sign in page.

In case you do happen to come across this again, please let us know of any other URLs so we can track it on our end as well. Thank you for getting this on our radar! :)

ref: dev/core/core#671

This discussion has been closed.