"Forgot" Master Password - I updated my app and now 1Password is not accepting any passwords

For my iPhone, I'm using version 7.4.4 and for my iMac, I was using 1Password 5. When I upgraded to 7, it appears that my master password is not being accepted. Do I need to start over? My iMac states I have 892 entries but I have 1392 entries on my iPhone.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:master key

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @candysloft! Welcome to the forum!

Are you using the same vault on both your Mac and your iPhone? From what you wrote, it sounds like you are using two different vaults, with two different Master Password. Did you by chance create a new separate vault when you upgraded to 1Password 7?

• candysloft
    candysloft
    Community Member

I have a Dropbox vault and a Cloud vault. When I upgraded from 1Password 5, it seemed like the Dropbox vault is not showing on the 1Password 7. It's not accepting any password. So now how do I reset the Master Password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@candysloft:

Thank you for the confirmation. Which one is the vault that you would like to use then? We need to start from there, because resetting the Master Password might not be necessary if you know the Master Password for the vault where your data is stored (unless you forgot both of them).

• candysloft
    candysloft
    Community Member

I know the password for the 1Password 7. However, most of the entries I have are in the 1Password 5 with the Dropbox vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@candysloft: What is the filename of the vault in Dropbox?

• candysloft
    candysloft
    Community Member

Sorry for late reply. We were out of town. The Dropbox folder is 1Password.agilekeychain

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@candysloft: No worries! I hope you had a good (I'm guessing) Thanksgiving, with hopefully more fun over the holidays to come. :chuffed:

1Password.agilekeychain cannot be used directly in 1Password 7, but you can easily import the data from it using File > Import > 1Password Keychain there. Once you've done that, remove that old vault from Dropbox, setup sync in Preferences, and then make sure all your devices use the newly created 1Password.opvault so they all have the same data going forward. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.