How can I transfer the information from one vault to a new one?

Options
Hutzel
Hutzel
Community Member

Dear Team,
I just signed in to the new version of 1password 7. With this action I changed my Username and my email address. Now I have two vaults. But when I use the safari extension I have only access to the old vault. And using the logins from the old vault I get the information, the vault is frozen. What shall I do? Thank you very much for helping me.

1Password Version: Version 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hutzel! Welcome to the forum!

But when I use the safari extension I have only access to the old vault.

If you open the 1Password app on your device, do you see your 1Password account listed under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab? If you don't, please make sure you add your 1Password account to the 1Password app so also your new vault will appear.

• Hutzel
    Hutzel
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt answer. I'm not sure if I understand you right. (Maybe because of language problems, I'm German). There seems to be no problem with using my password on the iPhone. No idea, why. The problem occurs in Safari on my MAC.
    The extension is installed. But the logins are saved under the old account and I then I get the mistake information, that the account is frozen and I have to buy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hutzel:

Can you maybe post a screenshot of where you think the problem is, and what you expect to see there instead?

• Hutzel
    Hutzel
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I will do so this evening.
    Thanks a lot.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! Sounds good :+1:

• Hutzel
    Hutzel
    Community Member
    Options

So, I'll try to explain 8-) thank you for your patience.
    I used 1password 6 and wanted to upgrade to 1password 7. I had the 30 days free trial version. But probably my fault was to change my user name and my email address.
    After the 30 days period I bought the new version and got the information, my account is now available.
    When I open 1password there are two vaults, one for Brigitte and one for Hutzel. (1st screenshot). My passwords and logins are stored under Brigitte. When I try to open one of them, I get the information: account Brigitte is frozen. The vault under Hutzel works, but there are no logins stored (2nd screenshot)
    Second problem: For Safari I have the extension (see 3rd screenshot), but this button works only for the frozen account Brigitte and I do not know how to change the extension to the Hutzel account.
    Perhaps you have a good idea? Or shall I transfer all the logins etc. manually into the new account?

Kind regards

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

@Hutzel:

When I open 1password there are two vaults, one for Brigitte and one for Hutzel. (1st screenshot). My passwords and logins are stored under Brigitte. When I try to open one of them, I get the information: account Brigitte is frozen. The vault under Hutzel works, but there are no logins stored (2nd screenshot)

I recommend starting from this issue, because I believe the second one is connected.

Can you please open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts tab for me? When you are there, do you see both your Brigitte and your Hutzel account in the list there?

If you do, you can move your items from the frozen vault to the new one :)

• Hutzel
    Hutzel
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, this worked and I'm very happy about.

It is great to have such a forum with the immediate help and kind regards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Hutzel! I am glad that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.