To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Offline Access to 1Password

Chris_C
Chris_C
Community Member

I seem to inadvertently upgraded to v7 and am no real fan of subscription services. However I realise that this is probably going to be the way in which software vendors market their products. I know that many might find this strange but i am frequently not able to connect to the net for a number of reasons. If my passwords are stored on your servers and I have no access to the net, how will this work. I like the product, v6 worked well for me, but is no longer available

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Chris_C

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your concern. We agree: people should be able to access their data while offline. Offline access to your data works the same in v7 as it did in v6. :) Each of the 1Password apps caches your data on your devices. If you (or we) are offline you still have access to that cached data.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Chris_C
    Chris_C
    Community Member

Thanks Ben for the swift reply. How does this work across multiple devices, ie iMac, iPad and iPhone, if they are all offline and the data is changed on more than one of them? Does auto synchronisation work when back on line?

• @Chris_C

You're very welcome. Yes, they will each sync when re-connected, however I'd recommend trying to avoid editing the same item from multiple offline devices until they've had a chance to sync. I'd recommend the same for v6 as well. ;)

Ben

• Aureyl
    Aureyl
    Community Member

Hi. May I use this topic to ask an other question ? I tried to acces "Documents" but no one seems to be accessible offline (this is ok for Passwords etc...). I would like to have acces to my passport for exemple when offline. Do you have any way for this ?

• Hi @Aureyl

Once you've viewed a document once on a device it should be cached and subsequently viewable offline. If you anticipate needing your Documents while offline I'd recommend opening them up at least once on the devices you expect to need them on. The device the document was added to 1Password from will also automatically have it cached.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Aureyl
    Aureyl
    Community Member

Thanks!

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.