Purple window v 7.2.2.BETA-5

tormodg
tormodg
Community Member

Getting a Purple window on occasion in 1Password 7. First time was yesterday, happened again today. I have not done anything special. Using the Chrome extension mostly.

Version 7.2.2.BETA-5 (70202005)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 7.2.2.BETA-5 (70202005)
Extension Version: 7.2.2.BETA-5 (70202005)
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @tormodg,

Do you still see this with the 7.2.2 release version?

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I see it for the first time with:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.4.2.BETA-0 (70402000)
    1Password Beta

Two of them, one around the 1P window and one taking up my entire background.

From Console I see 4 errors:

error   11:47:50.704771 -0700   1Password 7 nw_protocol_boringssl_get_output_frames(1301) <private>[0x7fcdc0574670] get output frames failed, state 8196
    error   11:47:50.704905 -0700   1Password 7 nw_protocol_boringssl_get_output_frames(1301) <private>[0x7fcdc0574670] get output frames failed, state 8196
    error   11:47:50.705737 -0700   1Password 7 TIC Read Status [901:0x0]: 1:57
    error   11:47:50.705827 -0700   1Password 7 TIC Read Status [901:0x0]: 1:57

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@skippingrock:

This indeed appeared again on the latest beta, our developers are already working on this ;)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4408

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

@ag_ana Is this a Xcode debugging setting that didn't get turned off for the beta release?

• @skippingrock,

It is a debugging setting, and it is enabled on purpose so we get these reports rather than vague reports of UI being laid out wrong, but without any actionable information.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

so was I able to give you actionable information with my initial post?

• Wevah
    Wevah
    Community Member

Just came to see if anyone else mentioned this. The only place it's happening for me currently is when I type in the Help menu.

• @skippingrock,

The arrows on the sidebar confirm that its something we were already tracking. However, the messages from console aren't related to the sidebar issue.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

How do we dismiss these purple windows because they are most distracting and sometimes they don't even go away and you can't interact with them; they are there, but they are not there, hiding or quitting the 1Password.app doesn't send them away. The only way that I can remove them from my screen is to force quit 1Password.app.

• @skippingrock,

You would want to quit completely rather than a regular quit because regular quit simply transitions the application icon into a "don't show in the dock" state. The other way forward would be to not run the beta builds.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

Hmm… interesting… Why do we have to hold down both control+option to Quit Completely. It seems to be a bit more than the standard norms and interactions for an "optional" feature. I think holding down Option to quit is quite enough and at least makes it a slightly more discoverable feature.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@skippingrock: Because otherwise 1Password mini is still running, so you can use 1Password in your browser, etc. without having the main app window open. That's not really what this discussion is about though. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.