Target login not working correctly

When I go to the Target login linked on the homepage target.com (exact login link: https://login.target.com/gsp/static/v1/login/?client_id=ecom-web-1.0.0&ui_namespace=ui-default&back_button_action=browser&keep_me_signed_in=true&actions=create_session_signin), and try to enter my credentials using autofill provided by 1PX, the page gives me this error all the time:

If I then copy it manually from 1P X and paste it in it works and is visibly shorter.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox 1.17.6 BETA
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jadchaar! Thanks for letting us know. Would the password you have saved for Target happen to be longer than 20 characters? It looks like Target has a 20 character max rule, but since there's no way for 1Password X to know that, it'll still try to fill the whole thing.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

My password is 24 characters long, but the weird part is that when I manually copy the password, it logs in fine. The problem comes when 1PX autofills the entry. For some reason it autofills something incorrectly.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Interesting. I just went to Target and inspected the HTML input element. My entire 24 character password was autofilled but the max length is 20, so validation is kicking in. But here is the odd part: when I copy and paste it, Target automatically truncates it to 20 characters. Huh that is odd on their part.

• cecelia
    edited December 2019

It is odd. Im not super surprised though, since I've seen it before. Target truncates the password to 20 characters when you copy/paste as well as restricts how many characters are typed manually. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This discussion has been closed.