1Password 7.4.1 will not install Safari extension, Safari 13.0.2, on MacBook Pro 2018

lyork
lyork
Community Member

Selecting to download the extension in Safari and it just spins. Everything was working until the 1Password 7.4.1 upgrade installed.
I tried shutting browser and 1P down and restarting but nothing has helped.
1Password Family license.

I am not seeing a posted fix for this issue, despite seeing many posts. ???

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: won't install
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 extension not working in Safari 13.0.2. MacBook Pro 2017 Mac OS 10.14.6 What to do?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lyork!

If you are using 1Password 7, you don't need to download the extension: it's built into the app. You only have to enable it under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab:

• Telecart
    Telecart
    Community Member

Same problem, Safari 13.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a retina MacBook Pro 2013.
    1Password 7.4.1 won't install the extension - i.e. it does not appear in the list of available extensions in Safari preference.

• DanJ
    DanJ
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Likewise. Suddenly 1password in Safari disappeared.
    When I go to update the extension from the app store it just hangs.
    ps. This is with 1password closed and having restarted Safari many times.
    Edit: I just checked Safari Technology Preview and it also disappeared from there and also will not install.

• lyork
    lyork
    Community Member

I agree with the prior posts - it is NOT there. Even if I go in the 1Password menu it takes me to the web page that says it is included but it is not there.
    It is select if from the App Store it shows the cloud download symbol but just spins if selected. I am getting no where on this and it is very irritating to have to copy and past out of the app on every login .

• lyork
    lyork
    Community Member

Except it is not an option.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Telecart, @DanJ, @lyork:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in your menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), before relaunching it again? I wonder if starting from a fresh start will help the extension show up for you.

• etjensen
    etjensen
    Community Member

Yes I have this issue with my work iMac (MacOS 10.14.6). I cannot get the Safari extension added- it never installs from the App Store extensions section. Hence I cannot see it in the Safari extensions manager. The extension installed fine on my home iMac and my MacBook Pro (both running 10.15.1 BTW). I have tried rebooting twice to no avail- same issue persists.

• Rimu
    Rimu
    Community Member

I am having this issue as well. The extension will not install and in preferences I see this:

• @etjensen,

You will want to avoid the more extensions button if you installed 1Password from our website, as what that's actually doing is replacing the copy you installed with the App Store version. There isn't a separate Safari extension to install, it is bundled inside the 1Password application itself. The system then detects its presence and offers it up to Safari. Nothing actually gets installed other than the application itself.

The easiest way for the team to determine why its not showing up for you would be to send in a diagnostics report.

@Rimu

That looks like the path that Safari had for 1Password no longer exists, you should send a diagnostics report in to the team to see what the configuration of your system currently is.

• Rimu
    Rimu
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy, I ran and submitted the report. Looking at the report there was one error found: Error The code signature of /Applications/1Password 7.app is invalid

• @Rimu

I'm not seeing any emails in our inbox from the email address you use here on the forum. Could you please post the support ID that you got from BitBot here so that we can track down your report?

Thanks.

Ben

• Rimu
    Rimu
    Community Member

@Ben. hmmm... not sure where the support ID would be... I just ran the report and it generated the email.

I used Rimu in the body of the email.

• Rimu
    Rimu
    Community Member

ok.... now I got it; #NIG-77326-296

• Got it. Thanks. :) I think you are correct and that the code signature being invalid is likely the problem here. I'd suggest trying the following:

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    6. Open 1Password
    7. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    8. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: NIG-77326-296

• Rimu
    Rimu
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben that fixed it...

• Glad to hear that worked out. Thanks for the update @Rimu. :)

Ben

• lyork
    lyork
    Community Member

Thank you Ben! I finally got a chance to follow the steps and it seems to be working again.

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.