1Password Watch App uses

Options
matthew2
matthew2
Community Member

Hey

I am curious what do people use the 1Password Watch app for? I see a lot of threads about people wanting new features for it etc but I don't actually find myself really using it much.

I have my Gym PIN stored on it that is about it (which I have now memorised).

I like the app and how it works where you can pick and choose what goes on it but curious what real life scenarios people use this in?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

I think the most common use is to look up TOTP codes, but I'd also be interested to hear how folks are using it. :)

Ben

• gordcook
    gordcook
    Community Member
    Options

Two more use cases:

• The combination for the lock I use at the gym; especially when it’s a new lock and I haven’t memorized it yet (or I simply haven’t used it in a long time and I’ve forgotten it). ;) I always have my Apple Watch on when I work out, so that works perfectly for me.
    • The passcode for a lock on a door that I only use a few times per year, so I don’t bother to memorize it. I could use my phone, but the watch is nearly always on my wrist so it’s usually more convenient.

Both of these are short passwords without any auto filling capability, so that is not a factor in weighing its convenience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing these! :+1:

• matthew2
    matthew2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing @gordcook some useful ideas here! Combination locks I don’t use very often is a good idea for something to store. :)

• Ah thanks @gordcook and @mdeluk

I am heading over to put in that door code as we speak. I have one door, that I only use once or twice a year. It's at a remote location. This will be save me lots of frustration. I have been out, and about only to forget my vehicle door code. :blush: If I didn't have my phone I would have been in trouble. Maybe I should add that too. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.