Unlock from other device

gtrfred
gtrfred
Community Member

Hello! Thanks for an awsome product! Currently I have 1password on my phone, ipad and two laptops (both as browser extension and native app), which means I have six different 1password apps. As you can imagine I unlock 1password quite often on these different devices. I'd really love if I could unlock e.g. my browser extension from my native app on the same computer instead of "being forced to" type my master password. Or from my desktop app unlock 1password on my phone or tablet. Especially since typing passwords on a phone is basically torture for every sane human.

Best Regards!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gtrfred: Thanks for getting in touch, and for the kind words! The "problem" is that 1Password's security is based on encryption: the Master Password is mathematically required to decrypt the data. This is a good thing for security, but for the feature you're requesting it means we'd need to give 1Password on the target device your Master Password somehow for it to unlock without you entering it there, as there is not a safe way to do that. It's a cool idea, and perhaps something like that will become possible someday though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.