Can't remember master password for standalone version on iPhone

Options
mpd16
mpd16
Community Member

I purchased a standalone version of 1Password for my iPhone at least 10 years ago. I have been using faceid but it recently asked me for the master password which I cannot remember even with the password hint. I have a backup of 1Password in iCloud if that makes any difference. Is there any way for me to get to the data? I don't have this master password stored anywhere. Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.1.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• mpd16
    mpd16
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea what the password requirements are for the standalone version? 1 Cap letter, 1 lower case and special character for example?? Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mpd16,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. It isn't possible to decrypt data stored by 1Password (backup or otherwise) without the Master Password.

Any idea what the password requirements are for the standalone version? 1 Cap letter, 1 lower case and special character for example?? Thanks

As far as I'm aware, we've never had any password requirements for standalone vaults. I have a number where the Master Password is simply demo or test (obviously not for any real data). There is no lockout after a certain number of attempts, so you're welcome to keep trying. This guide may help:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.