I can't find my license number for 1PW6 for my MacBook Pro.

I've tried all of your help links but everything seems to need the secret key. 1PW6 may have never been transferred to this mac from my old one. Thx!

1Password Version: 1PW6
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, how to transfer my 1PW license from an old Mac to a new one?

Comments

• dccouch14
    dccouch14
    Community Member

I obviously don't know the secret key either.

• Hi @dccouch14

1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer receiving updates:

1Password 6 legacy support information — 1Password Forum

You may want to consider upgrading to a 1Password membership, which would give you a Secret Key, as well as access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices.

We can't recommend using an older version (e.g. v6). As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it.

That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. If you need help locating your purchase information please reach out to us at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109521/i-cant-find-my-license-number-for-1pw6-for-my-macbook-pro#latest
    We'll do our best to help you track it down.

Ben

• dccouch14
    dccouch14
    Community Member

I don't see a version on your website that's compatible with Captiva. I see a beta for Sierra but I'm already using Captiva.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dccouch14: I'm not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

• dccouch14
    dccouch14
    Community Member

I only see updates that cover the Sierra OS but nothing about Captiva OS. I have updated to Captiva. Are you familiar with the Apple Mac operating systems?

• @dccouch14

Do you mean Catalina? 1Password 7 is fully compatible with macOS Catalina.

Download for Mac

Ben

• dccouch14
    dccouch14
    Community Member

Yes I did mean Catalina. Sorry....neven been to Catalina & have been to Captiva many times. :) I have downloaded v7. Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Conversely, I have not been to Captiva, but I highly recommend Catalina! :lol: Anyway, glad that helped. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.