1Password 7 working in read-only mode after upgrading to Catalina

BrooklynSlim
BrooklynSlim
Community Member

My purchased version of 1Password 7 is working in read-only mode after upgrading OS to Catalina. Could this the computer be pulling a previously downloaded version from the App Store? If so, switch to the correct version, get rid of the version that is creating the conflict, and restore my data?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @BrooklynSlim

The App Store version of 1Password is subscription only. If you're using (or trying to use) a 1Password 7 for Mac license you'd need to download 1Password 7 for Mac from our website:

Download for Mac

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• BrooklynSlim
    BrooklynSlim
    Community Member

I am not attempting to download anything new. 1Password 7 (version 7.4.1) is running on my computer but only works in read-only mode after updating to Catalina. Are you saying I need to download/reinstall from your site to make it work again?

• @BrooklynSlim

You mentioned the possibility that 1Password had been downloaded from the App Store. If that is the case then yes you would need to delete the 1Password app and reinstall from our website. The download from the App Store will only work with a membership, not a license.

Ben

• BrooklynSlim
    BrooklynSlim
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

There must've been a previous version that was downloaded from the App Store. Downloaded direct and it's good to go. Thanks.

• No problem. :) Glad it worked out. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.