Windows install location

Options

My work laptop has software restrictions and can only run apps from specific folder. I currently cannot use 1Password Windows app on this laptop. Is there any roadmap to provide an advanced installation option with a custom install folder? The %Localdata% can always keep the data, but the binaries. At the moment I have been using the Chrome app, but editing entries is a pain on the website, mainly for the lack of OTP support

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• There are no specific plans for custom install locations at the moment, but it's something we are keeping in mind for the future, @axbeercore. I'd love to hear about the OTP issue, though. 1Password X not only supports OTP, it honestly does it better than 1Password for Windows in my opinion. There's a little QR code icon in the item details in the extension itself and if you click that when you have a OTP QR on the screen, it does the whole darned thing for you. Plus, it fills your OTP for you automatically on the right screen without having to even click the extension. I, perhaps obviously, freakin' love this implementation, so I'm hoping that at least solves one problem for you and helps 1Password X be a better solution for you at work. :chuffed:

• axbeercore
    axbeercore
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

The issue that I have is editing on 1Password X. It redirects to the web UI which does not seems to have any support to add OTP entries on existing entries. I have probably 10+ OTP managed by another app on my iPhone and I want to transfer them to 1Password. However, even though I can see the secret and regenerate QR code on it, I cannot move them to 1Password via web UI.
    I understand is not a common use case, and the Windows app can solve this issue. But, I cannot run it on my work laptop, because 1Password lack of custom folder support.

• Ah, yea, if you're transferring in and can't necessarily bring up the QR code on your PC, then you would need to handle things a bit differently, @axbeercore. That said, you absolutely can still add an OTP using the web app. Go ahead and edit an item. You'll see a blank section that looks something like this:

Click the ... on the right hand side, select "one time password" and there you have it! An OTP field. Enter your secret, save, and you should be set. This is actually about the same as the Windows app when you don't have the QR code to scan. Of course, when you do have the QR available, just clicking the button in 1Password X is far easier and will have you covered. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.