how to print logins only name and password and website without all other details

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to print logins only name and password and website without all other details

Comments

• Hi @johsjob

My apologies, but we don't offer a function that does that. That said, I'd be interested to hear more about your use case here. What would be your purpose in doing so? There may be other recommendations we could offer, or features we could consider for the future.

Ben

• johsjob
    johsjob
    Community Member

thank you for your reply. I am printing out my Login list for security reasons and do need only name, website and password. all the other details make a lot of unnecessary paper.

• macindigo
    macindigo
    Community Member

@johsjob Accomplishing this is easy with 1Password6.

Open the main 1Password application and select the Logins category. In the items list, right click and Select All.
    Then File > Export > Selected Items, enter your master password and choose Comma Delimited Text (.csv) as the File Format.

In the Export window's Common Fields list, remove the Notes, Title and Type fields. (Select each field and then press the Delete key) leaving the Password, URL and Username as the data to be exported.

Click the Save button. The resulting .csv file can now be opened with Numbers (or any other csv capable software), formatted and printed in any way that you want.

• Please note that the file resulting from the instructions from macindigo result in an unencrypted copy of all of your 1Password data being saved to disk. We'd recommend extreme caution with that. The CSV file should be securely erased as soon as is practical to do so, and ideally the location where you save it to should be excluded from backups so that the data isn't backed up in an unencrypted state.

For the same reasons, and more, we wouldn't recommend printing this data either. Instead an encrypted digital backup strategy should be considered:

1Password backups

Ben

• macindigo
    macindigo
    Community Member

I concur with Ben's warnings re the security risks involved. In addition, secure erase is not guaranteed on machines with an SSD drive.

If you need to print this data then save it as a secured and encrypted pdf file instead of a hardcopy print-out.

• An encrypted PDF would be one option which might be a reasonable compromise, but 1Password's data format is open, so I'd really recommend backing up the encrypted data that way if at all reasonable to do so. I can certainly understand wanting a backup, and I can even be concerned about the unlikely event that we (1Password) disappear off the planet, but that's one of the reasons why our format is an open spec.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.