Unsecured HTTP-Warning on HTTP-only-Login

Hey everybody,

since 1.17.x I always get on my HTTP-Only-Logins a HTTP-Warning, that the Login was originally a HTTPS-Login, which is not true. This URLs are internal Testsystems without HTTPs. I tried to recreate the Login from scratch but no Luck.
HTTP-Warning:

URLs from the Login:

I think this is a Bug? :-)

Best regards!

1Password Version: -
Extension Version: 1.17.6.beta & 1.17.0
OS Version: Linux with Chrome
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @creak! Thanks for reporting this to us. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself, so I'm curious to learn more. It's definitely strange that a brand new item would give you the same error. In order to dig deeper, it'd be nice to take a look at both your 1Password X log and browser log. I'm hoping that'll give me a hint as to why the error is appearing consistently. To obtain those logs, you can follow our guides here and here. If you'd rather move the conversation to email and send your logs there rather than a public forum, you're welcome to send them to support+x@1password.com. Please include a link to this forum post in the body of the email so we can match it up properly.

One more thing – would you mind sharing the version of your operating system along with the version of Chrome you're using?

Thank you!

• creak
    creak
    Community Member

I think the problem is operating system independently. I tried the same website on my windows computer at home. Same behavior as on Linux. I also tried Brave on Linux and there is the same popup. Windows Chrome is Version 78.0.3904.108. Brave is also the newest Version.
    I was curious an tried my best with Firefox: Not problem at all, the login is filled in as expected :-) So I think its a Chromium-Problem? I will follow up with logs via Mail :-)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@creak – I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on macOS, so I wonder if it's Windows/Linux specific. I'll keep an eye out for your logs in our inbox.

• creak
    creak
    Community Member

I tried it on a mac/chrome. I can reproduce like Windows/Linux. So all three operating systems. Mail should be in your inbox.

• 1pintortwo
    1pintortwo
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hello I am getting the same issue in Chrome, starting this week. HTTPS error, yet links are HTTP (and always have been).

How can I send a log?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @creak! It looks like my colleague has an issue filed, so it's on our developers' radar.

@1pintortwo – I appreciate you reporting this to us. At this point, we've got what we need, but thank you for offering to send us your log. We'll be working on a fix for you, and it'll likely be released to the 1Password X beta first. If you'd like to grab the beta, you can install it in Chrome or Firefox.

ref: dev/core/core#681

• 1pintortwo
    1pintortwo
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Thanks for your help and quick reply!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy to help, @1pintortwo!

• anthonybsd
    anthonybsd
    Community Member

Any news on when this might get released to retail version?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @anthonybsd – I don't have any update quite yet. I can tell you that it's being worked on and tested internally, but we haven't released it to beta yet. I'm happy to update you here once we do release the fix, though.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hello again @creak, @1pintortwo, and @anthonybsd! I wanted to reach out to let you know that the issue you were experiencing in 1Password X has been resolved in the recent beta. If you’re willing, you can install the beta in Chrome or Firefox now. If you’d prefer to remain on the stable build, a fix should be making its way to you soon. :)

• creak
    creak
    Community Member

Thanks for reaching out again :) Im using it right now and it has been fixed!

Thanks a lot! :blush:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• vtraveller
    vtraveller
    Community Member

It's still a problem for me with the latest. What I don't understand is why items within the local subnet need this warning. Nearly every router and piece of local equipment doesn't support https in the home. Seriously. Filter on subnet and stop bothering me with nags I can't do anything about.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vtraveller:

Can you confirm the exact version of 1Password X that you are currently using? Thank you!

• vtraveller
    vtraveller
    Community Member

1.17.0 - it said it had updated to a new version, but the problem still exists. I delete the entire login record and recreated it. That didn't help. I have the same version on Chrome, same problem. Tried Edgium too and no luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vtraveller:

As per kaitlyn's post, you will need 1Password X beta to see the fix. If you don't want to upgrade to the latest beta, you can keep using version 1.17.0 but you will have to wait for the next stable version to see the fix.

• vtraveller
    vtraveller
    Community Member

My apologies - I thought the implication was that it was released and working. Reason being, I just received an update and this beta discussion was two months ago. I incorrectly assumed that meant the next release.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries at all @vtraveller. The latest beta was released just a couple of weeks ago, when my colleague kaitlyn posted about it in this discussion, so the fix is more recent :)

This discussion has been closed.