Breach notice

Options

The attached banner popped up when I tried to edit my entry to the forum this morning from 1PX. I changed my password, but can you elaborate on the issue? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.1.7.0
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: default

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimmyweg: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the hassle. It’s rather atypical as far as Watchtower, as there was not a breach but rather a bug the forum software provider discovered, and they have reset passwords as a precaution. But we did want to make forum users aware that a password change was needed, so we added it to Watchtower. You can find more details in the forum announcement:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109038/forum-password-reset

And if you have any questions please let me know. :)

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! As a suggestion, it may be helpful to shoot out an email or notice alert to forum users, just for peace of mind...and to save you the trouble of replying to posts like mine ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I don't mind replying though. And the reality is that it isn't an urgent matter. Passwords have already been reset by Vanilla as a precaution, so whether you setup a new one now or a year from now, you'd still be the only person able to access your 1Password support forum account -- assuming you have access to the email address you used to register; a few folks don't, so I've been helping them with that. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.