Dropbox vault creating a primary vault?

Options
shornuk
shornuk
Community Member

Hi,

Been a long time user of 1password, v6 until very recently. Just started with 7 and created a 1Password membership. All seems to be working nicely. I have another vault (.opvault) in Dropbox that I still need to use, however when I add this, it creates a Primary Vault 'on my mac'. Then in 1Password I have three vaults, my membership vault, the primary vault, and the dropbox vault. If I try and delete the primary one, it deletes the dropbox one too.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Seems a bit odd to have to keep the Primary one when it's not being used?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shornuk! Welcome to the forum!

If you have a 1Password Membership, the idea is that you are only going to use your Membership vaults. Sync is automatic with your 1Password account, so there is no need to keep using a third-party sync method for your data. Because of this, you should move your items to your 1Password Membership vault, and then remove your Dropbox vault from the app.

Removing that vault also removes the Primary vault (which needs to exist if you use third-party sync methods), so it will cleanup your vaults ;)

This discussion has been closed.