mail details and webmail.

Options

I have set up email accounts for my various emails, but from time to time, I can't use the standard email client, and need to use a webmail email front-end (webmail.domain.org) using something like say, roundcube a web based email client, when I don't have my computer(s) with me, but can get access to a browser.

Problem is, I have the email entry - it has all of the SMTP and related information stored in it. But, I seem to have to have a separate entry for the webmail. Of course, the watchtower now reports this as two things using the same password. If I can put the entry into the email template for the web address - https://webmail.domain.org - then, in theory, I can have just one entry, one password. and appease the watchtower god of ocd... Is this possible and if so, how

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MisterQ!

If I can put the entry into the email template for the web address - https://webmail.domain.org - then, in theory, I can have just one entry, one password. and appease the watchtower god of ocd... Is this possible and if so, how

You could create a Login item with your webmail credentials, and then add custom sections and fields with your email settings, so you can keep everything inside one item ;)

• MisterQ
    MisterQ
    Community Member
    Options

In copying the information in the email template based entry, there are some aspects of this that don't seem to exist in a created Login item - multiple choice menus and the like - or am I doing it the wrong way.

Or is it doing it the other way (adding some fields into an email template to support a webmail address) a simpler way, or is there a reason why that wouldn't work?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MisterQ:

In copying the information in the email template based entry, there are some aspects of this that don't seem to exist in a created Login item - multiple choice menus and the like - or am I doing it the wrong way.

This is why I linked you to the custom fields support article. Every category has different built in sections, so you will have to create the ones that you need if they are not there already.

Or is it doing it the other way (adding some fields into an email template to support a webmail address) a simpler way, or is there a reason why that wouldn't work?

Only Login items (and Password items) can fill data on webpages. This is why I recommended moving your email server fields to the Login item, and not the other way round ;) You could do this too, but since you want filling to work, it's better to use a Login item for this.

This discussion has been closed.