1Password for Mac 7.3.2, Notes don't display completely without editing

ctolson
ctolson
Community Member

I keep a history of my contact with various application companies in my notes (enter date and purpose of phone call, etc.). Some of my notes are quite long. Recently I noticed that 1Password doesn't display all the notes in some instances. It stops half-way through, which means I can't see my most recent entries. If I choose to "Edit" the entries, I can see all the notes. Can this be fixed?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I can't see all my notes without editing the item

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

@ctolson

I love the idea of keeping company contact/conversations in 1Password. For some reason, I never thought of that. Ive always kept them elsewhere. Seems like a logical idea to me! Considering confidential information could be contained in that correspondence. Thank you for sharing.

Can I ask, how long are the notes? Without divulging any private information? Does this happen after the 1st, 2nd 3rd scroll etc.?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ctolson!

As thightower wrote, it would be useful if you could give us some more information so we can also try to test it here.

Also, I see that you are currently running 1Password 7.3.2. The latest version is 7.4.1, so while I don't think that the update would address what you are seeing, it might be worth updating to the latest version of 1Password regardless before we investigate this further.

• ctolson
    ctolson
    Community Member

I spent some time yesterday trying to find some consistent characteristic of when this happens. I discovered something new. In a few of my items my notes were repeated multiple times in their entirety, with a row of 3 equal signs (===) between each repeat. My largest entry (739 lines) was repeated nearly 24 times (now 17050 lines). I don't know how that happened. I copied the notes, pasted them into TextEdit, deleted the extra repeats, and then pasted the corrected version back into my 1Password entry. It now shows the entire entry of 739 lines without having to go to Edit. I copied the notes from other items that were not showing, pasted them into TextEdit, and then back into 1Password, and they are showing too. I am now not aware of any notes that require me to go into the Edit mode to see the entire entry. I don't understand it, but it seems as though there is now not a problem seeing my notes. I will contact you again if I see any further incidents. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @ctolson! I am glad to hear this. And absolutely, please let us know should you notice any strange behavior with secure notes and we can take a closer look :+1:

This discussion has been closed.