1P extension for Firefox & Chrome doesn't work any more

All of a sudden I can no longer use the extension for either browser, whether Crtl-\ or the little icon. Just nothing happens. What can I do to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eelliott!

What version of Firefox and of Chrome do you currently have installed?

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

Firefox 71.0 and Chrome 78.0.3904.108

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eelliott: If you restart Windows, does it work again? Something may just be hung up there.

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

restart makes no difference. I believe this issue started with last update of Windows, I'm currently on version 1903, build 18362.476

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@eelliott:

If nothing happens when you click on the 1Password browser extension even after a reboot, can you please try the following instructions and see if they help?

1. Open 1Password and choose 1Password > Exit.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Enter the following command and press Enter:

1password.exe --setup

Please let us know if this helped!

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

ran this. bottom line is no help. What happened is I executed all your steps, went back to a site that requires login, pressed Crtl-\ and instead of autofilling as usually occurs a little menu shows up with the record for the site. I selected the 'button' with site details, the 1P extension disappeared but nothing happened. No fill in of either username or password. Trying a second instance of Crtl-\ does absolutely nothing. Same issue on both Chrome & Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@eelliott:

I selected the 'button' with site details, the 1P extension disappeared but nothing happened.

If you open the extensions menu in your browser, do you see the 1Password browser extension there? Or was it completely removed from the list of installed extensions?

• eelliott
    eelliott
    Community Member

no it is there in both browsers. It just doesn't do anything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@eelliott:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Windows machine and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening on your device.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.