1.17 not available in Firefox?

Options

Firefox on Win10. I can only see v 1.16.2 of the extension. Not sure if its just my system or is 1.17 not out for Firefox yet?

Thanks

Bill

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BGowland! 1Password X version 1.17.0 is still going through Mozilla's review process at the moment. You should receive the update automatically once it's been approved. :)

• BGowland
    BGowland
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Excited to try it out 😁

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BGowland – I'm so glad you're excited (as you should be... It's pretty great)! ❤️

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member
    Options

Why isn't it available as a download from the 1Password website?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdjones:

1Password X is indeed available for download from the 1Password website, together with all the other versions. You can find it here.

If you are looking for version 1.17.0, it is still going through Mozilla's approval process, as per kaitlyn post above.

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks for the response. That download link sends me to Mozilla. I'm talking about downloading the 1Password X add-on directly from your website. If it's your policy to only distribute through Mozilla, that's fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdjones:

I see, thank you for the clarification. Extensions can only be downloaded directly from Mozilla or Google, depending on the browser you use. I think the restriction is put in place by browsers for security reasons, so it's more difficult to install malicious extensions.

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana It is possible to download extensions for Firefox from places other than Mozilla. I've gotten them from GitHub and eff.org (those are two places I can think of). I assume it's best practice for some companies to only distribute extensions though Mozilla.

Thanks for your attention.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Anytime :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.