Open 1Password Browser

harczuk
harczuk
Community Member

I frequently open a website on my iPhone by clicking on the website in the 1password login. This works great, but how to I open this 1password browser on my next visit? Or how do I open this same session of the browser when I navigate away from this by looking at another login. Once I have the browser open I can navigate to other browser windows but not from the main 1password screen.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @harczuk

We typically recommend using Safari in conjunction with autofill to access websites using 1Password, rather than using 1Browser. You can read about how to do that here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

That said, you can bring up your 1Browser session by pressing and holding on the bar at the bottom of 1Password (Favorites, Categories, etc). I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• Demerit
    Demerit
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Wow. This has been frustrating for the past few years since AgileBits removed the icon. Glad I finally got fed up and searched the forums. :|

FYI, I find this to be critical functionality as the 1P browser is my preference over native Safari in many cases. I don’t mirror my bookmarks in native Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @Demerit! Indeed, the feature was never removed, it was there all along for those who prefer using 1Browser despite the more modern filling methods ;)

• Demerit
    Demerit
    Community Member

Sure. However, I may have missed the communication regarding the removal of the browser (globe) and the moving of that feature to the bar.

Does 1P have an in-app walk-through of features? If anyone misses a change log email, re-initiating the walk-through would help communicate changes to the UI.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Demerit:

The whole changelog for all all of our apps can be found here. When it comes to tutorials about specific features, the best place is probably our support website, where you can look for specific topics.

This discussion has been closed.