“Choose an Item to Fill” Needs Improvement

Options
Demerit
Demerit
Community Member
edited December 2019 in iOS

Hi,

Love the app. Buuuut, when in the 1P browser, I find that I need to access my banking account information. My instinct is to tap the “Choose Item to Fill” as my expectation is that I’d have full access to my items. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Why was the decision made to limit access to our items by only presenting “All (which isn’t really everything and is misleading), Logins, Cards, Identities” instead of “All (making it fully searchable), Suggested, Categories, and Tags”?

The latter would seem to provide a simple and consistent experience aligned with the home page of 1P mobile and puts the user in control (best practice).

Thanks,

-D

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Demerit!

Why was the decision made to limit access to our items by only presenting “All (which isn’t really everything and is misleading), Logins, Cards, Identities” instead of “All (making it fully searchable), Suggested, Categories, and Tags”?

This is because Logins, Cards and Identities are the categories that can be filled on webpages, so 1Browser shows them instead of the ones that cannot be filled.

• Demerit
    Demerit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

It’s not uncommon for me (and I would imagine for others) to want to fill in banking account information. At the very least, this should be considered for inclusion.

Since logins, cards, and identities roll-up into categories in 1Password, I’d think doing the same for 1Browser would allow for an expansion of the user experience—from merely what the user can fill, to all of their data (still allowing them to select items to fill).

Has this been considered?

Thanks,

-D

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Demerit:

Our recommendation for a while now has been to use the AutoFill feature on iOS. We understand that some users prefer to use 1Browser, but we currently do not have any plans to work on the built-in browser. AutoFill offers a much nicer experience overall, so this is where our focus is. I understand this might not be what you were hoping, but I don't want to keep your hopes high.

This discussion has been closed.