1Password 7 for Windows full dark mode support to match MacOS (lockscreen and right half of software

Hello Agile Team,

Can you please add full dark mode support to 1Password 7 for windows? This means making the lockscreen dark as well as the right half of the software which has not received the dark mode treatment yet.

Thank-you,

Shawn

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Shawzborne,

There is a lot of people at 1Password, who like Dark mode and it would be really cool to have in 1Password 7 for Windows. However, we have a lot of catching up to do in 1Password 7 for Windows first, so features like this is not our top priority.

We really appreciate your feedback, so please keep your suggestions coming. :) Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

any updates on this?

• Not at this time, @Shawzborne, though as a dark mode fan myself, I would love to have it too. :+1:

• Murrphy
    Murrphy
    Community Member

I would really like to see dark mode on Windows as well.

I'm also interested to know what sort of catching up it is that you feel you need to do with the Windows client. Oddly I find it superior to the Mac client in some ways (e.g. its handling of the new web standard of asking for account in one window, then creating a new window to ask for password and then a third for OAuth (when a site supports it). This is handled much better by 1Password Windows than it is on the Mac where, for each, I have to re-open 1P-mini and copy/paste the associated values for the window presented.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@Murrphy: Thanks for sharing your perspective. That's really interesting. Indeed, there are some thing which are "easier" on one platform or another, and that can give rise to things like that. But your example sounds odd to me. I'd love to know all the specifics so I can test it here. It may be that we're just waiting on an update to ship a new filling "Brain", or there could be a bug we need to address.

• Murrphy
    Murrphy
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, I have to amend my statement above concerning the behaviour of 1Password on sites that open a new window/input to accept the next piece of authentication data (username -> password -> 2FA). I tested it today to verify my experience and it seems the ability that I've been enjoying in FireFox on Windows now works in FireFox on Mac. I haven't used FireFox on Mac for some time and so the feature may have been there for a while; it appears to be tied to the appearance of the in-field 1Password icon - another really nice feature of 1Password when running in FireFox. I primarily use Safari on the Mac and the in-field 1Password icon isn't a feature in that browser so far as I can tell.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Murrphy - what you're referring to is 1Password X, which is currently available for Chrome (and some Chrome derivatives such as Brave and Vivaldi) and Firefox, but not yet for Safari.

This discussion has been closed.