One stubborn device not syncing

Options
paulbartell
paulbartell
Community Member

Hello,
I am using 1Password6 on 2 iPads, 1 iPhone, and 2 Macbook Airs. I am successfully syncing across all devices except one of the MacBook Airs. The not-syncing MacBook Air is using the same iCloud account as every other device. When it syncs with iCloud there is no error message, yet I can see several items on the Macbook Air's 1Password item list that are not reflected to any of my other devices.

How can I troubleshoot this?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paulbartell!

Can you please try the iCloud troubleshooting steps, if you haven't already, and see if they help?

• paulbartell
    paulbartell
    Community Member
    Options

This MacBook Air is signed in to a different AppleID(my wife's). However my wife's AppleID is set up as a member of MY AppleID(the Family Sharing organizer). BUT since I have the basic, free, 5GB offering from Apple, I have a problem, Family Sharing does not cover the special place that 1Password6 puts the database for sync-ing. It only covers what's in iCloud Drive. So I had 4 devices synching with all the others except for her, and she was synching to no one else. So I'm going back to Dropbox.

• paulbartell
    paulbartell
    Community Member
    Options

So in order to return to Dropbox(I was there up until June this year). Should I go into Dropbox and delete the old "1Password" folder that's there? or just let it get refresh as necessary?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@paulbartell:

Yes, using a different Apple ID is indeed one of the reasons why iCloud sync won't work on this specific device.

Should I go into Dropbox and delete the old "1Password" folder that's there? or just let it get refresh as necessary?

I don't think it makes much of a difference, I think both approaches could work.

• paulbartell
    paulbartell
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Well it seems the Dropbox avenue isn't going to work for me. It only supports 3 devices for free. I've got 6.

If I bite the bullet and give up my 1Password6.8.9... do I get rid of both my 1Password woes?..

• I had to switch my default browser to Chrome because the iPassword extension is incompatible with Safari 13
    • I can't sync between devices that have different AppleID's

If I sign up for the 1Password Family plan, says for $4.99/mo it supports a family of 5, I have 2 family members but I have 6 devices. How do you account for family members?

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@paulbartell:

• I had to switch my default browser to Chrome because the iPassword extension is incompatible with Safari 13

WIth a 1Password Membership, you can use any browser you wish among the supported ones (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera and Edge), since you get the latest version of the 1Password apps with a Membership, and therefore support for all the latest browsers.

• I can't sync between devices that have different AppleID's

With a 1Password Membership account, sync is automatic and does not rely on your Apple ID or on external sync methods such as Dropbox. There is no limitation when syncing via 1Password.com.

If I sign up for the 1Password Family plan, says for $4.99/mo it supports a family of 5, I have 2 family members but I have 6 devices. How do you account for family members?

You get 5 family members included in the price of the subscription. Each family member can use as many devices as they want, there is no limitation whatsoever ;)

This discussion has been closed.