how to move all my passwords from a frozen account into another family account

I had an account, which now is frozen, tried to renew it but instead it created another membership for me (since it was a family membership i assume) now I have all my passwords in a frozen account and another account which is open and i need to move all my passwords from the frozen account to the new one and not options are available, tried all kind of things like export and import but that does not end up well as all info are in fields not in actual password website username... is there nay way to actually combine my 2 accounts or move all my information adn passwords from the frozen account to the active account ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:from frozen accounrt to another accountn

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sin_een, sorry for the confusion.

You can add both accounts to 1Password 7 for Windows and then copy your data from one account to another. Here is how:

Move and copy items

Since your first account is frozen, you won't be able to move your data, but you should be able to copy it. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

Hi Greg, I do not have the share option, not move nor copy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een: Do you maybe not have permission to copy that data? Move will not work from a frozen account since the data is read-only and can't be deleted as part of the move. But copy may be disabled by the administrator for vaults shared with you.

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

No am the only one with access to that account personal acount so i guess I am the admin, I do not see the option share, at all

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een:

The Share option is under the Item menu in the 1Password for Windows app. Do you see the Item menu at the top of the 1Password window?

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

facepalm I found it
    Yet I can not use the share

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@sin_een: That looks like a list of your vaults. You can't move those. They're part of those accounts. You will need to select items in a vault and right click to copy them to another vault.

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

I tried that but right clicking an item did not give me a share option , not copy or move, and what you se there is from an item menu

right click would only give me username, password, export, and select All

and btw I tried exporting all and then importing them but that did not import them well and all the details came as fields even my passwords and usernames

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een: Which vault is the item which you are trying to copy in?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een: Actually, in the screenshot you posted earlier, you seem to already be in the Share menu and just need to select a vault to copy to:

Sorry I didn't catch that before, but you cut out all the context, and I'm a bit slow. :)

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

I want to copy / move everything to my active account from my frozen one :(
    I do not get those option from a right click

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

Don't be sorry am glad you are helping

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een: Likewise, thanks for your patience. :) Your last screenshot appears to be 1Password mini. Open the main 1Password app window instead:

Then you can right click an item there to get the menu you were in before. Let me know how it goes. :)

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

I hope it was this but no it was from the 1password app i can take a full screenshot for you if you want, but I did open the app and did right click and that picture form there I do not have a share option at all I guess its because its a frozen account ?

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

See,
    I Need to move all my passwords from 2 vaults to my new account

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Hi @sin_een,

Please try to select your items in the list and then select Item > Share in the top menu:

Let us know you see Copy option there. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#4021

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I Tried That I see the copy option but its not an option just like the move

as shown here - I want to move from Sin account to my new family account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

@sin_een:

What happens if you move your mouse over the new Families account's Private or Shared vault? Notice the little ">" arrows next to the vault names: there is an additional menu there.

The "Sin" vaults are greyed out because you are moving from them, so they are not a valid destination.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een: Since your account is frozen, you won't be able to move your data, only copy. You can copy your data to your second account and then delete your frozen account. Does it suit your needs?

Cheers,
    Greg

• sin_een
    sin_een
    Community Member

oh got it Thank you very much all of you much appreciated

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sin_een, on behalf of everyone, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.