Plug in for Brave Browser

Cerberus
Cerberus
Community Member

Any chance we might get a 1 PWord plug in for Brave browser?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cerberus!

You can download the 1Password browser extension for Brave here, alongside our other extensions ;)

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Cool. Thank you so much. <3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I installed it a moment ago but each time I click the icon it says that the app is required. I even have the app. opened. Dunno what to do to make it work

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cerberus:

Can you perhaps try quitting and reopening Brave (or, alternatively, rebooting your device once), to make sure that the browser is initializing correctly?

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

I did all that incl. rebooting my mac. This is what I get when klicking on the symbol. When clicking the first line where it say app needed I get forwarded to the 1 Password app site.

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

I'm using 1 Password version 1.6 btw. Dunno if this is critical

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cerberus:

Can you confirm the version of the 1Password app that you are using on this device? Is it really 1.6? 1Password version 1 is now almost 14 years old, I would be surprised if it even worked on a recent operating system.

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Oups, sorry. It's 6.8.9

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cerberus:

Thank you for the confirmation! You will need 1Password 7 to use the browser extension for Brave, so I believe this is why you are seeing that message: you do have the 1Password app installed, but the extension is looking for version 7 instead. Sorry for the confusion!

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Can I update to version 7 or is this a completely new pay install?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cerberus:

You can indeed upgrade to version 7, but it is a paid upgrade: you will need either a license for version 7 or a 1Password Membership (which has the benefits of giving you the latest version of the 1Password app on every platform, not just for the operating system you purchase a license for).

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Sorry to bother you. So the membership is a monthly paid license while the paid upgrade 7 is still a pay once upgrade? I can't seem to find the right download link for a non membership version 7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cerberus:

No bother at all!

So the membership is a monthly paid license while the paid upgrade 7 is still a pay once upgrade?

That's correct.

I can't seem to find the right download link for a non membership version 7

If you download 1Password 7 from our website and install it, you will have the option to purchase a license for it directly inside the app when you launch it for the first time ;)

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Quote//..."If you download 1Password 7 from our website and install it, you will have the option to purchase a license for it directly inside the app when you launch it for the first time ;)

I assume you're referring to the "Membership" which is a license based on monthly payments.

Is there a Version 7. that can be purchased as a stand alone app. wich works without having to necessarily be in membership mode? And if yes, where is the exact download location on your server

• Membership is not a license. Membership is a service which includes, among other things:

1. Access to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your compatible devices - no more separate purchases / upgrade fees
    2. Sync of your 1Password data to any device you sign into your membership account on
    3. Automatic off-site backups of your encrypted data
    4. The ability to share select data with family or team members (all memberships except individual ones)

You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

Membership is the way forward. We're no longer advertising licenses, and there is no separate download for them. As Ana outlined in her last post the option for membership vs licensing is within the app, but membership is the best way forward. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Cerberus
    Cerberus
    Community Member

Thanks bunches Ben

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.