Catalina introduced 1Password problems with my multiple Apple devices

Options
hawk713
hawk713
Community Member

My MacBook Air and my iMac worked fine under Mojave. Under Catalina the sync broke between these devices perhaps because at one time I had two Apple userids.

Now on my iMac after a reboot, 1Password must be restarted and kept in memory before I am able to login in using the helper in Safari. If 1Password is closed for any reason, I am unable to use the helper app in Safari until I stop, and open the 1Password app. Is this new with Catalina?

I have other issues with my MacBook Air but there are complexities in my Apple purchase history that may make this a special situation and not of general interest. Help please.

BTW 1Password is a great product & essential if you have reasons to protect essential information.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hawk713,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble using 1Password in Safari. Could you please check if 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running is enabled?

Ben

• hawk713
    hawk713
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the prompt response. Yes it is checked.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @hawk713. That is not how I'd expect it to work, even on macOS 10.15, so let's try reinstalling 1Password fresh.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    6. Open 1Password
    7. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    8. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Ben

This discussion has been closed.