Autofill no longer works with Safari 13.0.2 on Mac using 1Password 7

rekkss
rekkss
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

I updated my Safari browser to 13.0.2 from 13.0.1 yesterday, and autofill no longer works, neither by using the keyboard shortcut nor by clicking on the 1Password extension button on the toolbar in Safari. The only option I have at this point is to copy and paste the info from the app. Not ideal by any means.

Autofill still works as usual on Firefox and Chrome.

Please fix this ASAP, and while you're at it please reinstate the option to get rid of the ugly and annoying autofill animations (it was possible to do so in version 6, but it's gone in version 7).

Thanks.

EDIT: After restarting my computer the issues appears to have been resolved. I just hope it doesn't come back again. Also, please don't forget to reinstate the option to disable the autofill animations.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rekkss - glad to hear a restart appears to have solve the issues you were having. :) Regarding animation disabling, I'll certainly pass along your wishes to the development team.

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

I am having the same issue as above. Just updated to Safari 13.0.2 and now 1Password is not auto filling. I restarted and toggled off extensions with no success. Any other ideas?

• IanFS
    IanFS
    Community Member

Same problem as above with me. Using MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6. Updated to Safari 13.0.2 today (11 October 2019) and now no auto fill in Safari. I'm still using 1Password 4 which suits me fine for what I do. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and update to V7 (and hopefully it works OK 😊). Restarting computer as suggested above has no success. When I retry and add the Safari extension from your website, it only lets you get it (included) with V7.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevin8139! Welcome to the forum!

What version of 1Password are you currently using?

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

Hi, I'm using 1Password 7.4 BETA

• IanFS
    IanFS
    Community Member

I commented on October 11 that autofill in Safari was not working for me - probably because I was still using !Password V4. Have now updated to V7 and all is good 👍 - I really should have should have updated my V4 earlier 😊

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kevin8139:

Can you please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@IanFS:

Thank you for the update! I am happy to hear this :)

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

To ag_ana. I sent the diagnostic report per instructions

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @kevin8139. Can you please post the ticket number as well?

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

Hi, I do not see a ticket number anywhere. Let me know where to find this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kevin8139:

In the confirmation email that you received after you emailed us. It starts with [#.

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

I see it now. It is #LPU-73244-922

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Thank you @kevin8139, we have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience! :)

ref: LPU-73244-922, dev/apple/issues#4321

• EllisP
    EllisP
    Community Member

Same issue with autofill - Safari 3.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.2), macOS 10.14.6, 1Password 7.3.2. Incidentally also not working on Firefox 69.0.3 on the same Mac either.

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

Hi, I tried the solution of deleting older versions but still not working on autofill. I sent a reply back to support and need help to resolve this. thank you

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Yup, latest versions of everything and Safari's dead as a doornail. Major pain for me as I'm just starting up 1Password to service 5 family members (I'm the hapless "organizer") and had chosen the tight Safari/iCloud integration for my primary vehicle to go through the pile of bookmarks (approx. 5,000) and prune/update/log them into 1Password. Now that's it's broken, I have to switch over to Firefox to do the initial survey and login storage and I get to fight with Firefox's funky synching of the bookmark superset (combined bookmarks of all synching computers). Can't do the initial setup on Chrome as that's my go-to browser and I need it operational to do normal business while I'm doing surgery on the master bookmark list. ARRGH!

• kevin8139
    kevin8139
    Community Member

Still no luck getting this resolved and working with support to remedy. I have reinstalled Safari upgrade and macOS updated, nothing changed. Any others having this problem?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@EllisP:

Can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kevin8139: I see that Michael is helping you over email, so let's try to get to the bottom of this over there so we don't slow our responses by posting in multiple places.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@williakz:

From what you wrote, your issue might be different from the one reported. Can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look for you?

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Report sent your way. Run on MBP running High Sierra (10.13.6), My other machines run a mix of Mojave (10.14.5) and Catalina (10.15). All exhibit the Safari failure as described here by other users. Let me know if additional info required.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, I have managed to locate your message. We will get back to you over email as soon as possible.

ref: UUP-66318-394

• NeilB27
    NeilB27
    Community Member

I still have this issue - no new passwords are saved or no autofill when I click a login - any ideas? thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NeilB27:

Is your 1Password browser extension correctly enabled under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? It should look like this:

• PaceLaw2012
    PaceLaw2012
    Community Member

Hi, my wife is having the same issue on her Mac. using 1Password 7, nothing is auto-filling nor is she being prompted to save her login info.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PaceLaw2012:

Have you taken a look at my suggestion in my previous post already?

This discussion has been closed.