Can you please add support for the Kiwi browser?

Niek
Niek
Community Member

See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwibrowser.browser - Kiwi browser is getting quite popular with over a million users. It would be great if you could whitelist the Kiwi browser app so autofill works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:kiwi browser

Comments

• Hi @Niek, thanks for the feedback. We've not got any plans for supporting Kiwi right now, but I’ll pass your feedback along to the team. Thanks! :)

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member

Thanks @andiAG - I just want to add one thing: since Kiwi is a fork of Chromium it should be quite trivial to add support for it. It's basically a re-skinned Chrome with some cool extra features.

• Cheers @Niek, I'll keep you updated if anything changes :)

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

There are two things to try here right?

1) The standard Android accessibility/autofill, which I suppose is what is being asked.

2) There is also that the Kiwi Browser allows Google extensions, did you try adding the 1Password extension to the browser? I would be curious to know if that works, as well. If so, I may start using it! :)

• Hi @mattnlynn. We don't currently have plans to support filling in the Kiwi browser, but we may revisit this in the future. For now, you can indeed install 1Password X and use that to fill instead.

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member

Newest version of 1Password X doesn't work on Kiwi, so, that's it I guess. :( I suppose the accessibility work around of de-selecting 1P as the official Autofill service probably still halfway works, but I don't feel it's worth the bother when I can just change providers entirely.

• Ah, sorry to hear that @andmade

If you're looking for another Chromium based browser then Brave or Opera Touch might be worth checking out? 1Password works great in both :)

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

Ah, so those support Chrome extensions in Android and are 1Password supported? I may need to switch. :) Thanks for pointing it out!

• Hi @mattnlynn, I don't believe they support Chrome extensions like Kiwi, but Autofill is supported there :)

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

OK, thanks, I just realized alternatively I can do Firefox on Android, which has add-ons, versus extensions (and the one I need) and is supported by 1Password. I am good! :)

• That's great @mattnlynn :chuffed:

Let us know if we can help in any other ways!

• zajirobo
    zajirobo
    Community Member

Hi, I would also like to request support for Kiwi Browser! It is better than any other Android browser in every way except seamless 1Password integration. The 1Password X extension is painful to use. **Please ** support Kiwi Browser!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this too @zajirobo :+1: :)

• bobbed
    bobbed
    Community Member

Would like to add my voice here.

Kiwi is a fantastic browser, and lack of 1password integration is really an unfair drawback to an otherwise excellent app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well :+1: :)

• awgneo
    awgneo
    Community Member

I would love to see 1Password support Kiwi as well :)

• Thanks for your interest in this, @awgneo. I'll share this with our team.

This discussion has been closed.