1Password X broken under Firefox 71?

Hi,

I have trouble signing in via 1Password X extension since I updated Firefox to 71.0. The extension installs, and triggering 1Password popup via Ctrl+. works, but the login padlock keep spinning forever once I entered my Master Password, e.g.

So far, I've tried reinstalling 1Password X extension, nuking storage/default/moz-extension+++a0f46104-6581-43da-9c8f-5e5867a60f54/, and re-authorize via 1Password.com. No good. The loading indicator at 1Password.com keeps spinning when trying to authorize. Login normally from another tab (non-1Password X-initiated) works, however. Same with 1Password X Beta.

As an additional details, I have privacy.firstparty.isolate set to true in Firefox, and Tracking Protection set to "Custom" with everything turned on, but this never been a problem until I updated Firefox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• sirn
    sirn
    Community Member

After this post, I went ahead and disable privacy.firstparty.isolate, reset Tracking Protection settings to default and try going through the setup procedure again, but still same result.

• sirn
    sirn
    Community Member

Update: looks like this is an issue with Firefox 71 on Linux with certain build flags (e.g. the one used by Fedora/Void Linux/...). Few other extensions are affected as well...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @sirn! That's interesting. I appreciate you updating us as you discovered more information. I don't have a Linux machine to test this out on myself, but I wonder if it's been resolved in the Firefox beta. The most recent comment on the Bugzilla report mentions "Firefox 72 beta 2 is unaffected." It looks like a few of the folks in that thread have downgraded and had no issues, so that definitely points to Firefox 71 being the culprit. I'll get it reported on our side!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@sirn – Sorry for the double ping, but I'm wondering if you can provide us with some logs right after the issue happens that way we can track it on our end. If you don't mind, we've got a guide that explains how to grab your 1Password X log here. If you'd rather not post it in a public forum, you're welcome to email it to support+x@1password.com with a link to this forum post. I'll be able to match it up from there. :)

• sirn
    sirn
    Community Member

Here's the log:

Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/sharepicker;1' to CID {1201d357-8417-4926-a694-e6408fbedcf8} because no implementation of the CID is registered.
    Content Security Policy: Couldn’t parse invalid host 'wasm-eval'
    Error: Can't find profile directory. XULStore.jsm:66:15
    Initializing 1Password X... background.js:31:592778
    Finished initializing stable 1Password X 1.16.2 in firefox (20088) background.js:31:593242
    crypto tests: 16ms - timer ended background.js:31:505379
    🧠 Initializing filling data from cache. background.js:31:47787
    ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:812
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: An unexpected error occurred main.js:57
    Request to access cookie or storage on “<URL>” was blocked because we are blocking all third-party storage access requests and content blocking is enabled. 3
    Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ util.js:48:6
    XML Parsing Error: syntax error
    Location: moz-extension://4c327a87-1be6-499c-a8c0-52168f5e96cb/rules/default.rulesets
    Line Number 1, Column 1: default.rulesets:1:1
    Request to access cookie or storage on “https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/ublock/filters/7.txt?_=8” was blocked because we are blocking all third-party storage access requests and content blocking is enabled. background.html
    ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:812
    Error: An unexpected error occurred ExtensionUtils.jsm
    Promise resolved after context unloaded
    utils.js:25
    Loaded active tab (includeDesignations=false) 21 ms. popup-v2.js:7:108483
    NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAutoCompleteController.getStyleAt] LoginManagerContent.jsm:179
    [action/Session#_getAuth] ClientError: "This device has been deauthorized. Please sign in again to reauthorize it."
        t moz-extension://ccdce097-b578-4018-9c8b-e361f5aa841b/background/background.js:31
        _getAuth moz-extension://ccdce097-b578-4018-9c8b-e361f5aa841b/background/background.js:31
    background.js:31:174503
    [action/auth#signInWithMpAndSk] ClientError: "This device has been deauthorized. Please sign in again to reauthorize it."
        t moz-extension://ccdce097-b578-4018-9c8b-e361f5aa841b/background/background.js:31
        _getAuth moz-extension://ccdce097-b578-4018-9c8b-e361f5aa841b/background/background.js:31
    [action/auth#signIn] ClientError: "This device has been deauthorized. Please sign in again to reauthorize it."
    Error: background.js:31:161569

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, @sirn! It's been reported on our end now. It looks like there have been a few more Bugzilla reports as well, so I hope some progress is being made.

ref: dev/core/core#687

• richard378
    richard378
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I currently am running Firefox 71 in Fedora 31 and the 1Password extension on Firefox is broke. I tried a new profile with same results. I can log into the website, but it gets stuck on the login page immediately when I click signin. The sign in page in the internet does not change and I get a spinning button, and I get a email that I am signed in. But the login page stays stuck. I have to refresh the page and sign in by putting in my password again, then I can get the webpage for 1Password signed in. Also, the extension does not work. I can't sign in. I have tried this on two separate Linux Fedora 31 machines, and tried a fresh profile with same results. I am still new to Linux and don't know how to provide log files to help with this issue.

Edit. Here is the log.
    Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/sharepicker;1' to CID {1201d357-8417-4926-a694-e6408fbedcf8} because no implementation of the CID is registered.
    Initializing 1Password X... background.js:31:592778
    Upgrading database from version 0 to 8.
    Object { _db: IDBDatabase, oldVersion: 0, transaction: {…} }
    background.js:31:514822
    Finished initializing stable 1Password X 1.16.2 in firefox (20088) background.js:31:593242
    🧠 Loading filling data from bundle. background.js:31:51061
    crypto tests: 9ms - timer ended background.js:31:505379
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. 2 background.js:31
    iU moz-extension://77e06c20-416d-43f3-86f9-20c5f45ce2be/background/background.js:31
    PBES2g-HS256(100000): 92ms - timer ended background.js:31:212279
    Signed in successfully to FV2SKCSOUBHNPK7Q2C34755EKQ and loaded account details. Elapse time 700ms. background.js:31:520200
    [LM] Started (minutes=10, lock on sleep=true). background.js:31:543903
    PBES2g-HS256(100000): 90ms - timer ended background.js:31:212279
    Signed in successfully to FV2SKCSOUBHNPK7Q2C34755EKQ and loaded account details. Elapse time 623ms. background.js:31:520200
    uncaught exception: null
    TypeError: e is undefined background.js:31:294257
    ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied.
    ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied.
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: Message manager disconnected background.js:31
    inline moz-extension://77e06c20-416d-43f3-86f9-20c5f45ce2be/background/background.js:31
    uncaught exception: Unable to collect page details: Missing host permission for the tab, and any iframes
    Loaded active tab (includeDesignations=false) 6 ms. popup-v2.js:7:108483

• richard378
    richard378
    Community Member

I am having the problem on multiple Linux Fedora 31 Firefox 71 with the login in test profile and regular. The log in screen gets stuck upon login and I have to refresh the page to log in to 1Password.com website and the Extension still does not work. Here is the log of my current attempt to login with the Extension.

Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/sharepicker;1' to CID {1201d357-8417-4926-a694-e6408fbedcf8} because no implementation of the CID is registered. Initializing 1Password X... background.js:31:592778 Upgrading database from version 0 to 8. Object { _db: IDBDatabase, oldVersion: 0, transaction: {…} } background.js:31:514822 Finished initializing stable 1Password X 1.16.2 in firefox (20088) background.js:31:593242 🧠 Loading filling data from bundle. background.js:31:51061 crypto tests: 9ms - timer ended background.js:31:505379 Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. 2 background.js:31 iU moz-extension://77e06c20-416d-43f3-86f9-20c5f45ce2be/background/background.js:31 PBES2g-HS256(100000): 92ms - timer ended background.js:31:212279 Signed in successfully to FV2SKCSOUBHNPK7Q2C34755EKQ and loaded account details. Elapse time 700ms. background.js:31:520200 [LM] Started (minutes=10, lock on sleep=true). background.js:31:543903 PBES2g-HS256(100000): 90ms - timer ended background.js:31:212279 Signed in successfully to FV2SKCSOUBHNPK7Q2C34755EKQ and loaded account details. Elapse time 623ms. background.js:31:520200 uncaught exception: null TypeError: e is undefined background.js:31:294257 ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied. uncaught exception: null ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied. uncaught exception: null Unchecked lastError value: Error: Message manager disconnected background.js:31 inline moz-extension://77e06c20-416d-43f3-86f9-20c5f45ce2be/background/background.js:31 uncaught exception: Unable to collect page details: Missing host permission for the tab, and any iframes Loaded active tab (includeDesignations=false) 6 ms. popup-v2.js:7:108483 ConstraintError: A mutation operation in the transaction failed because a constraint was not satisfied. uncaught exception: null

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @richard378! That does sound a bit like the issue reported to us in this thread that affects many extensions in Firefox 71. It's been reported to Mozilla a few times – here, here, and here. Based on those Bugzilla threads, I've seen folks report that downgrading back to Firefox 70 resolved the issue for them. I wonder if it would resolve the issue for you, though, since your log is different than what I've seen reported in regards to the Firefox 71 issue.

The part of your log that stands out to me is the Signed in successfully message towards the beginning. Just so I'm clear, are you able to sign in on https://my.1password.com after refreshing the page but 1Password X remains locked?

• richard378
    richard378
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

The 1Password X extension stays locked, but the web page is usable and logs in after refresh. Another note. This problem with the webpage only happens when registering the secret key and I am not logged in on refresh. I have to put in my password again to log in the website.

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I have the same problem with Firefox 71 on Fedora Linux 30. No matter what I tried I always get stuck after entering my master password. No problem to login on https://my.1password.com/ or 1PasswordX in Chrome.

I get successful login message "Signed in successfully to xxxxxxxx and loaded account details." but the extension does nothing

• richard378
    richard378
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

I just tried Chrome and there is no problem with it. It is specific to Firefox on my machine. I think this is specific to Fedora as I was recently using Firefox 71 on Ubuntu and had no problems. I wiped my Ubuntu install because my Graphics card needed a newer kernel. I installed Fedora as alternative and it has that one problem with 1Password X.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@richard378 and @MorgothSauron – It sounds like you're both running into the issue I linked in my previous comment. I unfortunately don't have a fix for it, but it's been reported to Mozilla. From my understanding, Firefox 71 affected many extensions on Fedora in particular. Chrome shouldn't have the same problem, so if you can use that browser, I'd recommend that until Mozilla puts out a new release.

• sirn
    sirn
    Community Member

My distro (Void Linux) already includes the patch in Bugzilla 1601707 - segfault in DoDatabaseWork ("workaround_dom_indexdb_actorsparent_allignment-v2.patch") in its build, which I can confirm has fixed all my issues with 1Password X and other extensions on Firefox 71. The issue were caused by Firefox using a feature not yet available under GCC in its release.

In the mean time, the official Firefox build from Mozilla do not have this problem as it's using Clang instead of GCC, but it will use different profile (default-release) than the distro-built builds (default-default). Presumably the next Firefox release should fix the issue if the patch is merged, or you can (politely) ask the package maintainer to include the patch for distro builds for the time being (or build it yourself).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for the info, @sirn!

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member

I tested with Firefox 71 downloaded from mozilla directly and the extension works. This confirm that it's a problem with the Fedora build.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I see! Thank you, @MorgothSauron.

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member

I just installed an update for Firefox on Fedora 30 (71.0-15.fc30). 1PasswordX is working again.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

That's awesome to hear, @MorgothSauron. Anyone else still following the thread, please check to see if you have an update and let us know if it resolves things for you.

• richard378
    richard378
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

It worked for me. I updated and logged into the 1Passsword X Firefox Extension just fine.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Perfect! Thanks for the update, @richard378.

• JuanitoFatas
    JuanitoFatas
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Report that 1Password 4.7.5.90 does not work with Firefox 71.0 on macOS 10.15.1. After installed, restarted browser, restarted my computer.
    The extension is always in disabled state.

screenshot of 1password is disabled with Firefox 71.0 version attached

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @JuanitoFatas! This thread is in the 1Password X category, which is a different extension than the one you have installed. Could you please create a diagnostics report and send it to support+extensions@1password.com along with a description of your issue? Someone from my team will get back to you ASAP. :)

This discussion has been closed.