Attaching files

JBB
JBB
Community Member

I notice that when I imported my data and started to use 1Password subscription, attached files become separate items in the vault that are referenced by the original item. I much prefer the old way (no additional item created). Is this intentional?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It is intentional, and it adds the benefit that items can be referened in multiple places without creating duplicates, as well as the fact that items can stand alone (whereas before they had to be attached to something).

Ben

• bobostef
    bobostef
    Community Member

i like my 1 password to be nice and tight. i wish i could hide those attache file so i get one entry with all the filles related to it. exemple i have put my taxe return with my password for my turbo tax in one password so iam used to get one entry that says turbo tax with all my taxe return. now i get 12 entries for one item. My one password went form 40 entries to 146 in a minute with this updates. now when iam searching for something it takes long time. i wish i could just create a separate vault where all my file would stay and hide that vault so it would not show on all my vault

• Hi @bobostef. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective on this. Perhaps in the future we can consider offering both options: attachments, which would not appear separately from their parent items, and Documents, which are top level items in their own right but can also be linked to other items. No promises, but I'll pass the suggestion along to the development team for further consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.