Filling in Credit Card info AND Name/Address

Not sure if this would go under Mac (which I use) or here, but is there any way to link Identity and Credit card info? I've found it a two step process filling in a credit card number with 1Pass, and then going and filling in Name/Address. Quite often on new sites I have to fill in both and one fillin would be useful!

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Pass

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @DHK,

At the moment we don't have anything like this. For pages with fields that require both card details and an address it will be a two fill operation, where you will need to access the 1Password mini menu for a Credit Card item and an Identity item. The order shouldn't matter, just that it's two fill operations. It would be nice if 1Password could be more intelligent but for now we've kept them separate as it offers a bit more flexibility at the cost of the two invocations of 1Password. Hopefully even if you need to fill both credit card and an address for new sites it isn't happening so often that you're left questioning your sanity at 1Password's current behaviour.

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables I had been using the two step process, but a previous password manager that I used did have both address and credit card on the same fill and I never found a problem with it. Oh well, I do like 1Pass better than the other software in so many other ways that it's not really a problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Maybe one day we can do better here and it's always good for us to learn where users find 1Password works well but more importantly where they find 1Password is weak. While we can't ever promise that a certain feature will make it into 1Password we do use all of this input to influence the design and try to make it a better product for everybody, us included :smile:

• schmeddlap
    schmeddlap
    Community Member

+1! Sorry to revive an old thread but I did a search for this exact feature and came here. littlebobbytables, any update on this feature request? Is there a better place to input feature requests?

• Hey @schmeddlap :smile: There's no official implementation like this yet, but our latest filling brain is pretty smart and can fill additional fields stored in an item. This means you can add additional fields to a Credit Card item, for example, like city, address, etc. and when filling that item, if 1Password finds appropriate fields, it can fill those in at the same time. Let me know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.