Can we get a Go button for Private browsing?

Options

For my work I find it necessary to use a company account that conflicts with a personal account on some sites. For sites that don't provide a way to easily switch accounts, I get around that by using private browsing so I don't need to log out and log in as a different user all the time. However there are more clicks involved in creating a new private browsing window and then visiting the site with autofill through 1Password this way.

Can we get a convenience option for the "Go" button to load the site to a private browsing window?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Go with Private Browsing

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mwu

Definitely an interesting idea, though I'm not sure of the technical feasibility of it. I would imagine each browser handles opening private browsing windows separately, and they may not all even offer the ability to 3rd party apps. It may be something we can consider for the future, but it certainly doesn't seem like a 'quick fix.'

Thanks for taking the time to write the suggestion. I do think it would be cool if we can do it.

Ben

• mwu
    mwu
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like most browser extension APIs support windows.create with an incognito property. I checked docs for IE, Firefox, and Chrome (which means most webkit browsers should also support it). It looks like extensions for Safari are strange and I wasn't able to quickly confirm whether or not windows.create would work on Safari.

• Ben
    Options

It looks like most browser extension APIs support windows.create with an incognito property.

That's encouraging, thanks. :+1:

It looks like extensions for Safari are strange

;)

Ben

• Smurf
    Smurf
    Community Member
    Options

Add +1 vote to this request - would be highly valuable - similar use case and several others in mind. Also on mobile if possible albeit the embedded browser in 1password serves as a good workaround

• Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Smurf :smile:

This discussion has been closed.