1Password Chrome Plugin can not properly fill forms on my Mac

Comments

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@Yaron an email with my console log has been sent to support@1password.com :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs Thanks! Will get back to you as soon as we get to it :)

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@Yaron I've got the 1Password X integration working, thanks.
    So apparently the issue is that despite I have turned on the beta channel of my 1Password for Mac, and click 'Check for updates' so many times, it just never prompts me a beta version...I went to the website and manually downloaded the beta version, now it is working.

• sparanoid
    sparanoid
    Community Member

So at the moment, the only way to get it working is switching to 1Password X? But 1Password X doesn't work with MacBook Pro Touch ID and I need to open Google Chrome in order to use 1Password.

Still waiting for a fix for the native app.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs Great to hear everything is working now, thanks for the update!

@sparanoid 1Password X can work with Touch ID in the beta version (but you need both 1Password X beta and 1Password 7 beta). It can integrate with the desktop app in the beta version and benefit from features such as Touch ID :)

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@Yaron Just a side effect, now that I love 1Password X's auto-fill better than the original Chrome extension... (By clicking the item to fill is way faster than Command + \ and then again on two-factor input, 1Password X fills anything in the next page too, such as Google login)
    I'm now waiting for Windows integration so that I can use Windows Hello...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Yep, 1Password X will steal your heart, hehe ;)
    We're all waiting for that integration to get out of beta, but it is still not as stable as we want it to be so might take a bit longer. Thanks for the update!

• Hobbyvores
    Hobbyvores
    Community Member

Any news about the fix ? It is pretty annoying to try to fill 10+ times....

• Unfortunately I don't have any news to share at time time. Replacing the extension you currently use with the 1Password X extension may be a workaround until we're able to get this fixed up.

Ben

• gfournel
    gfournel
    Community Member

Hello,
    I have exactly the same issue with Chrome on Mac. It fails 4 / 5 times a day, to fill the credentials in the input forms. (I'm not on the 1passwordX). I'm about to abandon 1password. The issue is so irritating
    Greg

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @gfournel ,
    Thanks for the details. I apologize for the inconvenience, we're all affected by this and are hoping that the fix will come soon enough.

In the meantime, in case you didn't see the suggestions that were give in this discussion, you can drag and drop usernames/passwords from the 1Password window into the fields on the website with your mouse. It is more convenient than copy pasting. Hopefully that will help your workflow until the fix is released.

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Any updates on a fix?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pdjwa ,
    No updates as of yet, but we are testing things a lot and could use your help if you'd be willing to test how are things working on an earlier version of 1Password (version 7.3). If you'd like to test it, you can download it from here.

Let us know if you are experiencing this issue there as well and if so, provide us with details on how to reproduce it on that version.

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Hey, so I installed 7.3, but seem to have lost completely the ability for Chrome to fill in forms. It says the extension is there and I see it and it says it has access to Chrome, but it can't seem to connect to the 7.3 application. I tried re-installing the extension and restarting my browser but no luck. Seems like the connection is broken. I'll try restarting, but :-(

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Rats, I installed back the new version (actually it's 7.4.1 not 7.4.2?) and still no connection at all now. I downloaded the troubleshooter and ran through the options but nothing. I'll file a ticket now. sigh

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pdjwa:

Once you have emailed us the diagnostics report, please post your ticket number here so we can "connect the dots" and get back to you as soon as possible.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@pdjwa You might also want to restart your computer after installing a new (or old) 1Password version to give it a chance to take over properly. If that doesn't help, we'll investigate your issue in the support ticket :)

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Yes, definitely did that and still no luck.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Ok then, send us an email with the diagnostics report and we'll get back to you after investigating it :)

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

I didn’t get a ticket number but I sent it in at 6:04 PM PST January 4.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@pdjwa You should have received an automated email back from us acknowledging your email was received. It should contain a code that looks something like this: [xxx-xxxxxx]. If you haven't please check your spam folder.

In anyway you will get a reply as soon as we get to your email in the queue :)

• pdjwa
    pdjwa
    Community Member

Hi, I am back to the newer 7.4.1 and while 1 restart didn't work, 2 did, so back to the original situation, which is where 1password doesn't fill out the forms. Hoping there will be a fix coming soon.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pdjwa ,
    We have a fix ready for testing in our beta Chrome extension. Feel free to install it and give it a go.

Just make sure to disable/remove the current extension you have before installing the beta.
    Let me know if you still encounter the issue with that fix.

• Hobbyvores
    Hobbyvores
    Community Member

@Yaron Hi, tried this morning, seems better with the beta version. Will see if ok during the next days.
    Thanks !

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update @Hobbyvores ! :)

• kjohnston
    kjohnston
    Community Member

So excited to see a beta release out! I've just started using it and it's working perfectly so far. THANK YOU! I can't convey how critical this extension is for me and the near-1000 items I'm managing. I've been losing my mind as this issue has been biting me all day for months and switching to another browser isn't an option given the other Chrome extensions I'm locked into.

I know this discussion is a duplicate of others and that there have been many references across them to trying/adopting 1Password X as an alternative and it did prompt me to give it a try. This may not be the appropriate place to leave my feedback on 1Password X and I know that it is still getting better (and may become the future?) but please know that the experience of the traditional "1Password extension (desktop app required)" is spot on for me, someone who only uses Apple devices and has multiple companies doing the same across 1Password business accounts as well as Dropbox-shared vaults. Please don't slow down development on it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ibrennan ,
    It seems that the beta works for everyone except for you. Can you please make sure to completely remove the stable version extension from your browser and only then install the beta? If it still doesn't work, give your computer a restart, open and unlock 1Password, and only then open your browser and test.

@kjohnston I'm glad to hear things are working properly for you with that fix! Thank you kindly for that feedback :)

• Hey @ibrennan, it's possible the desktop app and extension just needed to become acquainted with each other. If you notice problems on any site in particular still, please let us know. As Yaron mentioned, this has been working well for others.

This discussion has been closed.