Husband Not Seeing Shared Vault

Kia_B
Kia_B
Community Member

I had thought I was doing everything correctly but my invitation to my husband didn't get him access to our shared vault. I am thinking it might be an issue with the sign in. Should he be using the same sign-in address and secret key but his own unique email address and master password? Or does he just not have access to it? And in that case, how do I give him access?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kia_B!

Should he be using the same sign-in address and secret key but his own unique email address and master password?

The sign in address is the same for every member of the 1Password account. Email address, Master Password and Secret Key will be unique for each user.

Did you invite your husband from the Invite menu of your account? Here are the instructions to invite someone to an existing Families account.

If those were the instructions you followed, please also make sure you confirm his account to grant him access to the shared vault. It's possible that you did everything correctly, but haven't performed this last step yet.

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Ah, there is the issue, ag_ana, I didn't have him sign in with the same sign-in address. I'll redo it per your instructions but what do I do now that I deleted his vault? Export all items and import them once he is in the Families account?

• @Kia_B

Where is your husband's data stored currently? Is it in a vault called Primary on one or more of his devices?

Ben

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Hi Ben, it is now in a vault called Primary on his laptop.

• Gotcha. In that case I'd recommend that you invite him to the family and then have him use these instructions:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please let me know if you have any questions about that.

ben

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Ok, Ben, I will give that a try. Thank you.

• You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Ok, so it seems to be more complicated and I am still lost. Maybe I can to jump on the phone with someone in support to work it out?

This is what I have:

• on his app - without changing anything, he has one vault called Private with all of his prior logins, etc.
    • on the website with his log in - when I log into the home page using his current info I see his Private vault and Shared Vaults "You don't (yet) have access to any shared vaults..."
    • still on the website - when I click on Vaults I see the shared vault - but it isn't available on his home page. There isn't anything to click on to see the vault's items.
    • on his app - when I go to add an account to his app in Preferences using the same sign-in address that I use (it looks like an auto-generated, long list of letters and numbers) and using a unique secret key and master password I get the pop up "1Password Account Already Added." Currently, his sign-in address is a generic https://my.1password.com
    • when I click on the "Join your family" link in the invitation email I sent to him it says "I'm sorry, we couldn't find this invitation. Your invitation has already been used or was revoked."
    • on the website with my log in - I have my Personal vault and the shared vault accessible to me.
    • still on my part of the website - under People he is Active

I hope this makes sense. :)

• @Kia_B

It does make sense, thanks. It sounds like you've already invited him and he has accepted, which it good, but if he isn't seeing any shared vaults that would seemingly indicate you haven't confirmed his account. The process goes like this:

1. You invite him
    2. He accepts and creates an account
    3. You get an email asking you to confirm his account

Did you get that email, and if so can you use the link within to confirm his account?

Maybe I can to jump on the phone with someone in support to work it out?

My apologies but we don't offer support via telephone. We're happy to help here in this forum, or through private email.

Ben

• Kia_B
    Kia_B
    Community Member

Ben, now we are cooking! I found that email and confirmed his account. Now via the browser, he has access to the shared vault. Thanks!

After signing him out of the app and then in again that seemed to set up the app correctly.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. We are all set. It seems to be exactly what we need.

• Excellent. Thank you for the update. I'm very glad to hear that all worked out. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.