How do I get 1Password to change a drop down menu selection?

I'm using 1Password X in Firefox (both at the latest non-beta versions). Not sure if that matters though as this might be more of a general 1Password question.

When I log into my company's password vault website, I always have to manually select the domain from the drop-down list. Is there a way to get 1Password to select that automatically for me?

This is the login screen showing the drop down menu items:

This is the source code for that section:

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @KayJay! That's a really good question. I can give my best attempt at getting that dropdown to fill for you. Do you happen to have the website URL for me? I'm hoping I'll be able to view the sign in page, but I'm not looking to get any further than that. Let me know. :)

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Here you go, but I'm not sure if it will load for you outside of our network:

https://passwordsafe.lvsmits.com/pwsafe/login.aspx/

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@KayJay – Ah, you're right. It doesn't load for me. Instead of going that route, could you save the webpage for me? You can right click anywhere on the page and select Save As. I don't think you'll be able to post the files in the forum, but you can email them to support+x@1password.com with a link to this forum post so I can match it up. Let me know if you have any trouble!

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to send the attachement (even though I zipped it up).

mx.google.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:
    support+x@1password.com (support+x@1password.com)
    Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.
    mx.google.com gave this error:
    This message was blocked because its content presents a potential security issue. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our message content and attachment content guidelines. h203si5003801oif.3 - gsmtp

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @KayJay! I honestly wasn't expecting that since we've received similar files to that email before, but we'll go another route. Can you try saving a brand new item on the site in question? Go ahead and use fake credentials, like test_username and test_password or something along those lines. Here are the steps to take:

1. Select the option you'd like in the dropdown menu.
    2. Type test_username and test_password into the username and password fields.
    3. Select Save in 1Password underneath the password field.
    4. Add the word test to the item's title that way you can distinguish it from your existing item.
    5. Locate the item in 1Password for Windows (the desktop app), and click the button that says Saved Form Details/Web Form Details.
    6. Go ahead and take a screenshot of what you see there and post it as a comment below.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, you're a genius! My original saved credentials for this site was missing the "LoginUserControl1$DomainDropDownList" in the Web Form Details. Once I resaved/updated it after choosing the right option in the drop down list, it added that detail and it works perfectly now! Thanks again for all your help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@KayJay – Gotta love the independence of 1Password X! I probably would have added that HTML ID in manually, but that process was much simpler. If anything else comes up, we'll be here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.