I'd like to use Touch ID for the master password, but not need it for each site I log into.

Options
Klmsilver
Klmsilver
Community Member

I like using Touch ID to open 1Password, but it is sometimes annoying that I have to do it again for each site when using Safari. Is there a way to adjust the settings so it behaves more like the Chrome version? Once I'm in, I'd like to be able to to just click to fill.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID prompt

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Klmsilver! I'm not sure I follow -- if you've unlocked 1Password either via your Master Password or Touch ID, you should be able to use the extension in Safari to fill Login, Identity and Credit Card items by either clicking the 1Password icon in either your Mac's menubar or Safari's toolbar, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut. If that's not what's happening, you may want to have a look at your settings in 1Password > Preferences > Security. You can adjust how frequently 1Password requests your Master Password, as well as Touch ID settings there.

• Klmsilver
    Klmsilver
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that some sites require me to use Touch ID again, even though 1Password is already open. That's the part I wish it wouldn't do.

• @Klmsilver

Do you happen to have the browser built-in password manager turned on in Safari? It sounds like that may be prompting you for the frequent Touch ID prompts.
    Try following the steps below to disable that built-in password manager or verify if it is indeed turned off. It will only take a few moments to disable and try that problematic site.

Disable the browser password manager

If this is not the issue you're having, we can rule out the browser password manager as the culprit.

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

• Klmsilver
    Klmsilver
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this is it! Thank you for your help!

• Glad to help out. If you have additional questions please reach out.

Have a Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.