1Password 7 crashing on iOS 13 on iPad Pro

Options
panshul007
panshul007
Community Member

1Password 7 is crashing on iOS 13.2.3 on iPad Pro 10.5
Although it works fine on my iPhone 11 with iOS 13.2.3

It simply does not start. Please help if there is something wrong with the app.

1Password Version: Latest available in app store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @panshul007!

Can you please clarify something? Is 1Password crashing, or is it not starting at all when you tap on its icon? You mentioned both things in your post, so it would be great if you could elaborate a little bit.

• panshul007
    panshul007
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_ana
    Sorry for not being clear earlier.
    I tap on the icon, the app starts loading (i see the splash screen) and then crashes before it can load the app completely and show the home screen or ask for a password or a finger print.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @panshul007

Thank you for clarifying the problem you're having. Have you tried restarting the iPad since this problem began? If not, Apple has instructions here that I'd ask you to please try:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Ben

• panshul007
    panshul007
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben,
    Thank you for the response. I tried to turn my iPad off and on... but this did not resolve the problem.

Regards,
    Panshul

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thank you for trying @panshul007. At this point we would need to gather the crash logs from 1Password to troubleshoot this issue. Please send us the crash logs directly. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes (or Finder, if using macOS Catalina).
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109641/1password-7-crashing-on-ios-13-on-ipad-pro#latest
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Thanks!

Ben

• panshul007
    panshul007
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben,

Reinstalling the app solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Panshul

• Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear that helped, @panshul007. If you experience crashes in the future (fingers crossed for not!) please follow the directions above to send us the necessary diagnostic information. Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.