1Password 4.6 "HOW to export Secure Notes, Software, and Accounts"

I have a need to export items from my desktop version of 1Password (4.6.2.626). The items to be exported are the 1) Secure Notes, 2) Software, 3) Accounts, and 4) Wallet.
When attempting a standard export, all I get are the 'Logins'. That is not what I need.
I've attempted several ways but nothing seems to work.
Anyone have a solution for me?
Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10 (1903)
Sync Type: Local only
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 4.6 "HOW to export Secure Notes, Software, and Accounts"

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelR,

Thank you for getting in touch!

1Password 4 for Windows is not able to export the items you mentioned to CSV, but you can switch to 1PIF format in the Export window:

1PIF data is in plain text, so you should be able to open it and access your data. However, if you share more details about what you are trying to do with the data, I will be able to provide a more specific advice. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• MichaelR
    MichaelR
    Community Member

Thanks Greg, for your reply. However, I do not see how to get to the point-of-operation you indicated in your screenshot. Therefore, let me try to explain what I'm trying to accomplish. After that, I will provide a screenshot of what options I have available.
    My current 1Password is on a Windows 10 workstation. I also need to access my 1Password vault on different devices, like an iPhone, and iPad, and other Windows workstations. I want to access my 1Password information by placing the database in an online location like iCloud or OneDrive or Dropbox.
    I know that 1Password has a newer version which allows the user to access the database in 1Password's online location. But, and this is a huge 'but', I do not want to purchase a monthly subscription. I'm willing to pay a single one-time fee to accomplish my goals, but Not an on-going subscription. So, if 1Password has that ability at this time, then I'm all-ears. If not, then I'm in the market for another password manager.
    Back to my problem. When I attempt to export selected items, like you indicate in your screenshot, I get something different. My 'export' windows ONLY says 'logons' and does not allow me to export selected items.

As you can see, I don't appear to have the option to export 'selected items' but only 'logins', which I don't require.

Therefore, do you have another answer for me?
    Thanks in advance.

• MichaelR
    MichaelR
    Community Member

On an additional note: I do find how to export to 1PIF, however, the text file appears convoluted and would be difficult to edit to obtain the necessary information. Is there any better suggestions?

• @MichaelR

On an additional note: I do find how to export to 1PIF, however, the text file appears convoluted and would be difficult to edit to obtain the necessary information. Is there any better suggestions?

1PIF would be the only option for plain-text export of the categories you mentioned.

As you can see, I don't appear to have the option to export 'selected items' but only 'logins', which I don't require.

Try clicking on the All Smart Folder in the sidebar and then selecting all of the items you want to export before opening 1Password's export function.

I want to access my 1Password information by placing the database in an online location like iCloud or OneDrive or Dropbox.
    I know that 1Password has a newer version which allows the user to access the database in 1Password's online location. But, and this is a huge 'but', I do not want to purchase a monthly subscription. I'm willing to pay a single one-time fee to accomplish my goals, but Not an on-going subscription.

1Password membership would be the way forward, but I'd recommend reaching out to our team at sales@1password.com to see what might be possible. Please include a link to this thread in your email so that you don't have to repeat yourself: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/539544/#Comment_539544

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.