1Password Extension - Deleted Passwords still there

Options
MKMK
MKMK
Community Member

Hi, my 1 Password Extension in Chrome shows sometimes old and deleted passwords. I already deleted the old library files but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Comments

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, my 1 Password Extension in Chrome shows sometimes old and deleted passwords. I already deleted the old library files but the problem remains. Any ideas?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MKMK

I'd be happy to help with that. What is the name and version of the extension that you're using for 1Password in Chrome? Please let me know.

Ben

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I am using Version 4.7.5.90 with Chrome 78.0.4904.108 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1. I wonder where the old data is coming from as all old library files were deleted.

Many thanks!

MK

• Ben
    Options

To be clear: these items do not appear in 1Password for Mac, but do appear in the Chrome extension?
    If you add a new Login item to 1Password for Mac does that appear in Chrome?

Thanks.

Ben

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, only in the Chrome extension. New items appear in the extension. Its only old stuff showing up or the actual ones. Thats why I deleted the old backups as I thought it mixes things up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKMK - thanks for the clarification. Do you possibly have one or more vaults that you've set not to show in the All Vaults view? Please click 1Password > Preferences > Vaults and look at the "Show in All Vaults" section. What do you see there? Are there vaults set not to display in All Vaults view?

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

I only use one vault, the primary one. This one is shown in all vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKMK - thanks for the clarification. Under what conditions do you see these deleted passwords. Are you searching in the mini? The main 1Password app? Are you visiting a specific website and invoking 1Password via the browser extension icon, or via keyboard shortcut? Do you notice this happening only with certain sites, reliably and repeatably, or is there no pattern to it? Do you have Chrome's built-in password manager turned off?

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

I just saw that the mini appears twice in the menue bar... one contains the old passwords, the other one the actual ones. I guess thats the problem. How can I get rid of the second mini?

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I think I fixed it. I had an old 1password 4 on my mac as well. Just deleted it and it works now. Many thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKMK - that'll do it, yep! Glad you were able to figure it out. Let us know if you run into any further issues or have follow-up questions. :)

• MKMK
    MKMK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.