How to install compatible version of 1PW app on MacBook Pro running Yosemite OS X 10.10.5?

Options
tleaycraft
tleaycraft
Community Member

I bought a new family membership, and while I've got current OS Catalina software, my wife's machine is capped at 10.10.5, and I can't seem to install the 1PW app on her machine. It looks from the website that 1PW v. 6 would be compatible, but I don't know how to download it, and don't know if at the end of the day her laptop will be compatible.

Don't intend to buy a new laptop, so any help most appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:intalling 1password 6

Comments

• Hi @tleaycraft

I can understand not wanting to purchase a new laptop. I want to take a moment to caution you that Apple no longer supports 10.10.x, and it is not receiving security or periodic updates. From a security standpoint, I would recommend that this machine be your first upgrade as soon as possible.

Your new membership is indeed compatible so long as the machine is running version 6.6 and higher. You also asked about downloading 1Password version 6, and this is indeed available via the 1Password website. Here is a direct link to the legacy downloads section.

Legacy downloads

Lastly, here is the latest information regarding 1Password 6 and its discontinuation.

1Password 6 legacy support information

If you should happen to have any additional questions, always feel free to ask.

--
    Tommy

• tleaycraft
    tleaycraft
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, and I'll give this a try. Hear what you say about the risks associated with unsupported software.

• ag_rodrigo
    ag_rodrigo
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @Tommy_1p, you are welcome 💙

If you ever need any help, please feel free to reach out!

This discussion has been closed.